News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

It literally says "Dedicated CNE express shuttle buses will run non-stop between Dufferin Station and Dufferin Gate Loop"
My bad as I read it wrong

It literally says "Dedicated CNE express shuttle buses will run non-stop between Dufferin Station and Dufferin Gate Loop"
There had been a TTC CNE Express Route 193 from Dundas West station, but it was discontinued in 2018, with people told to use a Dufferin 29 or 929 bus instead.
The dedicated CNE Dufferin Express bus ran last year, but the problem is people just climb on without looking at the sign on the bus, then pull the yellow stop cord (or push the button) and yell for the driver to stop anyway, despite the driver announcing twice before it departed that there would be no stops between there and the CNE. Maybe there should be a separate boarding area designated with a sign on the sidewalk?

Last edited:
I remember going on this bus last year between Bathurst station and Exhibition thinking it be would would faster than the streetcar. We ended being stuck in traffic for 20 min near the Exhibition on Fleet St while numerous 511 streetcars passed right next to us on the ROW.

I remember going on this bus last year between Bathurst station and Exhibition thinking it be would would faster than the streetcar. We ended being stuck in traffic for 20 min near the Exhibition on Fleet St while numerous 511 streetcars passed right next to us on the ROW.
I wonder why didn’t the bus us the ROW into the exhibition loop?

Taking the subway shuttle between St. Clair and York Mills tonight and some things that I learned tonight from a supervisor tonight:

1) There is no schedule for these buses, they come and go as they please.

2) All available buses are dependent on how many drivers sign up for the night.

3) Supervisors do jack shit, all they do is direct passengers to the shuttle bus.

4) Only 26 of 36 buses available tonight.

This is the BS that management is running for subway shuttles. Supervisor tells me that he works for Transit Control. -you scared? Cause I’m not haha.

Biggest BS of the night, “any complaints are dealt with right away” LOL

-I specifically mentioned that I am not taking names as I had a hunch they were worried about their positions. Told them that I am not messaging Customer Service but to Councillors whom sit on the board. Asked if they had any other concerns or complaints and they parrioted that I should direct my complaints to Customer Service. I reiterated that I’m not messaging customer service but to councillors on the TTC board, immediately they changed their tune and how they responded to my questions about the shuttle service and if they had any other complaints. Once again mentioning I was not taking names, they were so worried. I off handily mentioned that Rick Leary is a problem and is responsible, they changed their tune again in the way of: “this guy is not to messed with and we should stop with the BS” LOL

Morale of the story, there are big problems with the TTC. They still can’t get subway shuttles running properly after so many years.

I might not live in the 416 but I do take the TTC. If I can help voice the problems happening on the system on the platform level then it should be aired. There’s a lot of BS happening between platform level and Davisville management ivory tower. I know influential people read this forum and another blog; they should know what is happening on a platform than from those in management.

Last edited:
-I specifically mentioned that I am not taking names as I had a hunch they were worried about their positions. Told them that I am not messaging Customer Service but to Councillors whom sit on the board. Asked if they had any other concerns or complaints and they parrioted that I should direct my complaints to Customer Service. I reiterated that I’m not messaging customer service but to councillors on the TTC board, immediately they changed their tune and how they responded to my questions about the shuttle service and if they had any other complaints. Once again mentioning I was not taking names, they were so worried. I off handily mentioned that Rick Leary is a problem and is responsible, they changed their tune again in the way of: “this guy is not to messed with and we should stop with the BS” LOL

I'll just leave this here: (reddit)

Sounds a bit far-fetched to me. Frequent verbal abuse of employees in front of other employees?

That hasn't flown for years unless you are the owner.

And I can't see why any underlings would risk their careers and possibility even charges to cover up accidents.

I'll be happy to see the back of him; it's quite clear from the service degradation in recent years that he's not up to the job.

Last edited:
That was posted 2 years ago. If it is true, he is still destroying people.

Either way, clearly he isn't doing a good job being secretive that even Steve Munro doesn't know what are the finalized service changes until a few days till it happens. The ASP 2023 results was never released. Now you find out your bus is getting changed when you arrive at the bus stop.

Weekend travel information

August 18, 2023

Subway closures – Warden to Kennedy

This Sat., Aug. 19 and Sun., Aug. 20, there will be no subway service on the portion of Line 2 between Warden and Kennedy stations, due to track work and signal upgrades.

Shuttle buses will run, stopping at each station along the route, extending between Scarborough Centre and Warden stations. TTC staff will be on hand to direct customers to shuttle boarding and offloading locations. All stations will remain open for people to load their PRESTO card, purchase PRESTO Tickets, or connect to surface routes.

Customers who require Wheel-Trans service can speak to any TTC customer service staff member for assistance.

While the TTC does most subway maintenance at the conclusion of service each night, it continues to require weekend and early weeknight closures to complete critical infrastructure and state-of-good-repair work.

Events

CNE

Those attending the CNE can take the subway, Line 2 Bloor-Danforth, to Dufferin Station and a 29 Dufferin, 929 Dufferin Express, or CNE Express shuttle bus to Dufferin Gate Loop. From Bathurst Station, customers can take a 511 Bathurst streetcar or a dedicated CNE Express shuttle bus to Exhibition Loop. Customers can also take the subway, Line 1 Yonge-University, to Union Station and transfer to a 509 Harbourfront streetcar.

Chinatown Festival

Customers heading to the Chinatown Festival can take the subway, Line 2 Bloor-Danforth, to Spadina Station, and a 510 Spadina streetcar. The 505 Dundas and 506 Carlton streetcars, with connections from Lines 1 and 2, are also great options for getting to and from the event.

Taste of Manila

For the Taste of Manila, take the subway, Line 1 Yonge-University, to Wilson Station, and a 96 Wilson bus to Bathurst St. Customers can also take the subway, Line 2 Bloor-Danforth, to Bathurst Station, and a 7 Bathurst / 307 Bathurst Night Bus to the Event.

From 12 a.m. Sat., Aug. 19, until 11 p.m. Sun., Aug. 20, Bathurst St., between Wilson and Laurelcrest avenues, will be closed for the event. The 7 Bathurst, 307 Bathurst Night Bus, and 160 Bathurst will divert during this time.

Wheels on Danforth

From 7 a.m. – midnight on Sat., Aug. 19, Danforth Ave., between Warden and Byng avenues will be closed for Wheels on Danforth. The 20 Cliffside and 113 Danforth will divert both ways along Gerrard St. E. and Clonmore Dr. during this time.

India Day Festival and Grand Parade

Those attending the India Day Festival and Grand Parade at Nathan Philips Square on Sun., Aug. 20, have plenty of transit options to the event and to key vantage points along the parade route. The closest subway stops are on Line 1 Yonge-University, at Queen, King, Osgoode, and St Andrew stations.

Some surface routes will divert to accommodate road closures for the event, including the 501B Queen bus, from 1 – 6 p.m., and the 19 Bay, from 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.

Additional diversions and updates

Nightly streetcar infrastructure upgrades will take place on Dundas St. W. at Dovercourt Rd. from 11 p.m. – 4 a.m. on Fri., Aug. 18, and Sat., Aug. 19. The 505 Dundas streetcar will divert both ways along College St. to Ossington Ave. A 505 Dundas bus replacement service will operate both ways between Dundas West Station and Bloor St. W.

Customers are also advised that starting Mon., Aug. 21, there will be no commuter parking at Kennedy Station, due to construction for additional bus capacity. Parking is available at Warden and Victoria Park stations.

The TTC is committed to keeping customers informed about work and events that affect service and about alternate routes. For the most up-to-date information, follow @TTCNotices on Twitter or sign up for e-Alerts.

Sounds a bit far-fetched to me. Frequent verbal abuse of employees in front of other employees?

I can't personally say I've seen this; but it is not the only thing like it that I've heard.

His reputation is not stellar with staff.

Its worth saying after he took over, in one fashion or another, most of Byford's senior management team departed.

That hasn't flown for years unless you are the owner.

Right, and you're not supposed to have sex with your subordinates either...........

But somehow there's a provincial government and a federal government where leader's (rumoured) mistresses are in the cabinet, LOL

What's supposed to happen and what does happen are not the same thing.

And I can't see why any underlings would risk their careers and possibility even charges to cover up accidents.

The accident in question was not reported to the public and the Commission for an extended period of time.

I'll be happy to see the back of him; it's quite clear from the service degradation in recent years that he's not up to the job.

No question there.

Back