News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

With 506 not servicing Upper Gerrard for over an hour now, with no announcement from TTC (looks like a kid got severely injured if not killed near Coxwell and Lower Gerrard), I thought I'd tweet Stuart Green about it.

But it looks like his account has vanished -
It looks like he escaped. Any idea who is in charge now?

With 506 not servicing Upper Gerrard for over an hour now, with no announcement from TTC (looks like a kid got severely injured if not killed near Coxwell and Lower Gerrard), I thought I'd tweet Stuart Green about it.

Is Sue Motahedin still with the TTC.

Is Sue Motahedin still with the TTC.
Gosh, I think she's been gone since the mid-2010s or so. I thought she was Stuart's predecessor ... or perhaps I'm getting mixed up.

Edit - seems to be Heather Brown - who hasn't tweeted in months. I guess the same way that Leary doesn't ever appear in public unless his overlords are there. Maybe a job requirement for a senior position at TTC now?

Last edited:
34 trains is huge that's over 200 cars! I really think the Sheppard West to Wilson yard option is compelling. It allows trains to serve Yonge North, and provides for much improved service as well.
To clarify, you're talking about extending Line 4 westwards from Sheppard-Yonge and expanding Wilson Yard? I think it's worth consideration but just not sure if that's what you're suggesting.

To clarify, you're talking about extending Line 4 westwards from Sheppard-Yonge and expanding Wilson Yard? I think it's worth consideration but just not sure if that's what you're suggesting.
It does seem absurd not to build the final 3.5 km to connect to Sheppard West station.

Heck, the ROW is massive there, you could simply elevate it from Senlac to Dufferin, and avoid tunnelling costs, and an underground station at Bathurst.

"I am writing with an update on the project to make King Station accessible to all with new elevators. Utility relocations/upgrades, excavation, shoring and other activities to construct the elevator shafts and associated underground structures are ongoing. The construction at King Station has been delayed due to crews encountering unknown underground site conditions, which has impacted the elevator construction schedule. TTC continues to explore alternate means with its contractor to expedite the construction. Based on 20% of the project being completed to date, the elevators are expected to be operational within 2026.

A reminder that as part of the elevator construction, crews have closed northbound Melinda Exit at King Station (northbound platform level to and from concourse) for approximately four weeks starting September 22, 2023. By implementing the exit closure, the stair and elevator construction are being done concurrently which expedites elevator installation work."

SEE: https://www.ttc.ca/about-the-ttc/projects-and-plans/King-Station

I happened to be running up Coxwell when I heard all the sirens of vehicles racing to to lower Gerrard. The kid was still laying there with Toronto Fire personnel assisting when I ran by around 6:40 p.m. I understand that a driver hit the kid with their vehicle, and will be charged.

It sucks that people's commutes were interrupted. Apparent the kid will be ok, despite multiple broken bones (pelvis, arm, leg). In the days when Andy ran things, there would have been quick communication. Nowadays, not so much. Still, people need to understand that the TTC isn't out to screw them over, personally! (And I am not accusing you of this @nfitz )

"I am writing with an update on the project to make King Station accessible to all with new elevators. Utility relocations/upgrades, excavation, shoring and other activities to construct the elevator shafts and associated underground structures are ongoing. The construction at King Station has been delayed due to crews encountering unknown underground site conditions, which has impacted the elevator construction schedule. TTC continues to explore alternate means with its contractor to expedite the construction. Based on 20% of the project being completed to date, the elevators are expected to be operational within 2026.

A reminder that as part of the elevator construction, crews have closed northbound Melinda Exit at King Station (northbound platform level to and from concourse) for approximately four weeks starting September 22, 2023. By implementing the exit closure, the stair and elevator construction are being done concurrently which expedites elevator installation work."

SEE: https://www.ttc.ca/about-the-ttc/projects-and-plans/King-Station

2026? What unknown condition? A contractor could literally relo a sanitary sewer, a watermain and a nat. gas pipeline by the end of 2024;.......but elevators may take 18 months beyond even that?

Reactions: DSC
Rumor has it Stuart Green has departed the TTC. This could explain the communications
Way things are and the lack of leadership, ppl are leaving the sinking ship once they get their 25 years or a better paying job.

Everyone I knew at TTC have all left in the last 5 years.

Another monthly meeting I don't go to anymore for the last 5 years or speak at.

Way things are and the lack of leadership, ppl are leaving the sinking ship once they get their 25 years or a better paying job.

Everyone I knew at TTC have all left in the last 5 years.

Another monthly meeting I don't go to anymore for the last 5 years or speak at.

When I worked with TransitToronto I had a number of high level contacts within the TTC.

None of them are still there.

. Apparent the kid will be ok, despite multiple broken bones (pelvis, arm, leg). In the days when Andy ran things, there would have been quick communication. Nowadays, not so much. Still, people need to understand that the TTC isn't out to screw them over, personally! (And I am not accusing you of this @nfitz )
Well that's good news.

I was aware that it was a serious accident before I said anything. I'd never criticize TTC about an accident. Or about the delay, despite on Thursay that I was sat on a 506 just about to leave Main Street station when the call came in to hold service.

But 2 hours to announce the service issue, and an hour to even announce the 22 detour (which explains the lost-looking full bus I saw turning at Upper Gerrard and Coxwell - I'm not sure why there was nothing lit up on it's destination/route sign).

It seems that TTC had announced it, by saying there there was a detour between Broadview and Parliament. And then failed to comprehend for hours that wasn't enough for a service suspension to Main Station, and looping at Kingston/Queen. The spatial awareness of customer service is troubling. The operator knew there was accident on Coxwell very quickly - so operationally, TTC was very aware of what happened.

I’m not knowledgable enough to know if the work is on schedule or anything, but it’s heartening
IMG_0791.jpeg
to see that the work on Broadview is actually progressing fairly materially.

I’m not knowledgable enough to know if the work is on schedule or anything, but it’s hearteningView attachment 510471 to see that the work on Broadview is actually progressing fairly materially.
From the Project Overview ( https://www.toronto.ca/community-pe...frastructure-projects/broadview-construction/ ) the repaving seems ahead of plans. The excavation and new track work is still proceeding NORTH of Danforth and at the loop but when Broadview paving is complete (soon??) I assume the replacement buses can and will use it. The weather has been good for construction which has doubtless helped!

Back