News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I believe they scheduled streetcars on St Clair starting June 23. This will be an interesting messed of unscheduled and untrackable busses.

I live for the day when the TTC announces that on some route, buses are being replaced by streetcars.
The only problem is to fund them and build them. Been waiting since 2010 for QQE and still about another 10 before we may see it.

The SRT was to be an true LRT, but got can because of the PAM AM games. Sheppard LRT got scrap by the Fords along with Transit City

When line 5 and 6 go into service, they will replace buses, but not all the buses for Line 6. Next step for Line 6 is getting to Yonge St

I live for the day when the TTC announces that on some route, buses are being replaced by streetcars.
Isn't that exactly what happened to 503 replacing 22 during evenings and weekends? For the first time in over 55 years?

And then there's the upcoming switch from buses to streetcars on 312.

And then there's the upcoming switch from buses to streetcars on 312.
I think this is because of the work at Russell Yard and the fact they have not made much (any?) progress on expanding streetcar parking at Hillcrest which means they are short of overnight parking places for streetcars so decided to keep them in service overnight.

So based on a comment I saw on Steve Munro regarding Josh Colle. Rumor is, Rick Leary is working on an exit strategy. Which will have him leave earlier than the planned 2026 when is contract expires.

I would assume Jamaal and Chow is fully aware of this, and is already looking for a replacement. And/or Rick Leary is looking for someone to replace him internally within TTC.

Now a plot twist , Josh Colle becomes the next CEO.

So based on a comment I saw on Steve Munro regarding Josh Colle. Rumor is, Rick Leary is working on an exit strategy. Which will have him leave earlier than the planned 2026 when is contract expires.

I would assume Jamaal and Chow is fully aware of this, and is already looking for a replacement. And/or Rick Leary is looking for someone to replace him internally within TTC.

Now a plot twist , Josh Colle becomes the next CEO.
Assuming TTC board and City personal think he should be. There is thinking as who will be the new CEO now and Josh Colie not on the list.

I think this is because of the work at Russell Yard and the fact they have not made much (any?) progress on expanding streetcar parking at Hillcrest which means they are short of overnight parking places for streetcars so decided to keep them in service overnight.
Yes, and also why the other 4 night streetcars are going to every 20 or maybe even 15 minutes.

Even if Hillcrest yard exist and Russell is complete, need to run more nighttime car as there is no storage space. Even if you use the Exhibition loop as storage area, you will still be tight for space., This is after all 60 new cars are here as well the 2 missing ones.

Even if Hillcrest yard exist and Russell is complete, need to run more nighttime car as there is no storage space. Even if you use the Exhibition loop as storage area, you will still be tight for space., This is after all 60 new cars are here as well the 2 missing ones.
They must be really desperate for space! There's a couple of 306s already out right now at 6:40 pm! :)
1000000325.jpg

Last edited:
Assuming TTC board and City personal think he should be. There is thinking as who will be the new CEO now and Josh Colie not on the list.
So who's on the list, if Josh Colle is not on it.

And me saying Josh Colle will be the next CEO, I was just kidding.

This is a really tiresome thing to keep hearing about. Everywhere you look these days it seems there's some infrastructure that is wildly behind on maintenance. Transit, roads, bridges, it seems to be the same story everywhere. At this point I would be more surprised to hear about some country where neoliberal rot hasn't extended to critical infrastructure.

This is a really tiresome thing to keep hearing about. Everywhere you look these days it seems there's some infrastructure that is wildly behind on maintenance. Transit, roads, bridges, it seems to be the same story everywhere. At this point I would be more surprised to hear about some country where neoliberal rot hasn't extended to critical infrastructure.

"Neoliberal rot"?......

Pretty low bar for debate when you reduce to that level..

For every neoliberal government ignoring infrastructure upkeep (while spending excessively on other things) there is a neoconservative government ignoring infrastructure upkeep (usually in the name of lower taxation).

The problem is nothing to do with anyone's political philosophy. It's about not wanting to allocate money to unsexy necessities when there are other things that may generate more glory.

- Paul

Last edited:

Back