News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Which road. Because roads cannot be dug up for non-emergency work for a period of five years after they have been resurfaced or reconstructed.
Kipling between new Toronto street and Evans ave. A few years ago Horner was repaved and then immediately trenched.

And I fee like the mortarium is ignored a lot of the time, the Queensway was repaved in the right lane from east mall to ~atomic ave. within weeks multiple access holes were dug.

In a shocking turn of developments, LOL........

The Main Street Station bus platform reconstruction project, which nominally wrapped up last September.........

Is now complete! The fast fences were replaced this week with permanent ones.

DSC04099.jpg

Who says you can't get things done in this town............ eventually. LOL

In a shocking turn of developments, LOL........

The Main Street Station bus platform reconstruction project, which nominally wrapped up last September.........

Is now complete! The fast fences were replaced this week with permanent ones.

View attachment 572924

Who says you can't get things done in this town............ eventually. LOL
the concrete looks awfully new, surprised the paint is more faded than the old section

Kipling between new Toronto street and Evans ave. A few years ago Horner was repaved and then immediately trenched.
I know the stretch you are talking about very well, there has been some kind of construction along that stretch of Kipling essentially every year for the part ~8 years. It's the epitome of mismanagement and bad coordination.

I wonder what the city is going to come up with next year for that stretch.

I know the stretch you are talking about very well, there has been some kind of construction along that stretch of Kipling essentially every year for the part ~8 years. It's the epitome of mismanagement and bad coordination.

I wonder what the city is going to come up with next year for that stretch.
Probably replace the hydrants on the other side of the street

Probably replace the hydrants on the other side of the street
Right on cue there was a crew using a circle saw cutting on Kipling just south of Horner in the morning today. This is getting comically pathetic; either contractors are continuously botching work on this stretch or this is truly where construction workers go to practice and train how to do road work.

Right on cue there was a crew using a circle saw cutting on Kipling just south of Horner in the morning today. This is getting comically pathetic; either contractors are continuously botching work on this stretch or this is truly where construction workers go to practice and train how to do road work.
Yet people say the city doesn’t waste money!

Do you have a dollar amount for the money you think has been wasted? What are you basing that figure on?

Do you have a dollar amount for the money you think has been wasted? What are you basing that figure on?
Projects being done then undone, or the fact contractors have zero oversight. I know it's not "the city" but some of the TTC audits have been pretty damning.

When you see the same road being torn up every year for 8 years, or everything single freshly paved road getting an "emergency" utility cut 4 weeks later you start to question things.

Is the road "finished" or is it an ongoing project with a temporary layer while the next group comes in to do their work?

Is the road "finished" or is it an ongoing project with a temporary layer while the next group comes in to do their work?
There was sewer rehabilitation and watermain replacement work that took place north of Kipling @ Horner last year and carried over to this year but is just about wrapped up. There was also some Sewer rehabilitation work that took place on Kipling south of Horner in 2022 if memory serves correct.

So in essence, it's not a temporary layer as everything is pretty much settled. In fact they removed the temporary layer a few weeks ago and did the final paving north of Horner. However, now south of Horner they've done a cut on the road for who knows what reason now.

Service along the 44/944 Kipling South has been adversely impacted by these projects so many times over the past decade that i've honestly lost count.

There was sewer rehabilitation and watermain replacement work that took place north of Kipling @ Horner last year and carried over to this year but is just about wrapped up. There was also some Sewer rehabilitation work that took place on Kipling south of Horner in 2022 if memory serves correct.

So in essence, it's not a temporary layer as everything is pretty much settled. In fact they removed the temporary layer a few weeks ago and did the final paving north of Horner. However, now south of Horner they've done a cut on the road for who knows what reason now.

Service along the 44/944 Kipling South has been adversely impacted by these projects so many times over the past decade that i've honestly lost count.

LOL............

My sympathies.........

1718755018405.png

Then......

Sorry to tell you, but I see work programmed for Kipling in the Horner area in 2026 and in 2028.

This isn't the only example, there are roads that are re paved, then trenched months after.

8 years is a long time for a "temporary" project. I remember getting crap here for complaining about the number of poles at steels and keele, people pointed out they are temporary but most have been there at a minimum of 5 years.

My chief complaint, is without exception every single time a road/lane is paved, within WEEKS the city or a contractor comes back to dig it up. I can list a dozen examples off the top of my head. Most are only a few weeks or months old so haven't even shown up on streetview yet!

LOL............

My sympathies.........

View attachment 573707

Then......

Sorry to tell you, but I see work programmed for Kipling in the Horner area in 2026 and in 2028.
I wouldnt be surprised at all knowing how dysfunctional this city is a planning things. But please tell me you're joking....you are joking right?

TO inview only displays work through to 2025 as far as I can see.

Back