News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Why wouldn't you just lower the platform if the ceiling was too short to raise the train?

At Kensal Green in London, the platforms were intended for mainline rail services which (to a certain extent) still use the station.

Most of the older stations here date back to the late 1800s or early 1900s when lower floor subways didn't exist

July 19
Had a look at the work at Kipling which I do every few weeks since not much is happen there since day one and there was a partly backfill a section of the north end for the tunnel that was waterproof the last time. The rest is still in the same condition waiting waterproofing or what. TTC has now close the access to the main entrance with marking on the sidewalk as well fence off. You have to use the Kiss and Rider entrance to the subway and buses.

Been on a number of T1's in the past like the one today that had similar issues with the doors at various stations that required the guard to open and close the doors from 1-5 times before we move. Did not happen at every stations.

2 and maybe more T1's sitting in Vincent yard and not the first time.

Someone who hates an contractor that does TTC work and other city project will be happy to know, they will finish all of King St W rebuilt by the end of the month. The only thing that needs to be done is is pouring the topcoat for the eastbound track for the underpass and wait for TTC to install and splice the rail for the westbound and that is it for the trackwork as everything in place. A few sections of the road needs concrete and then the 3 foot section that has been mill on both sides of the new track can be pave. The city need to look a fully repaving the road as some areas are in real rough shape.

Looking at the rail to be place for the westbound track, there too much rail sitting there and where does TTC plan on using those long sections of rail??

I can see a single lane open to traffic in August, but the tracks close so TTC can finished installing the new overhead that they have started, but also Dufferin Intersection that is having the new one built on top of the existing one. Did not look at Shaw Intersection Before TTC can resume service on King St, they will have to do testing of the new overhead as well trackwork and could be open ahead of schedule. The sign said end of September when the road will open. Traffic can go eastbound as far as Jefferson Av past Dufferin St today.

Anyone waiting for an Ossington bus have a long wait as it was bumper to bumper from Strachan to Dufferin both way on East Liberty St with a car moving one spot every so often depending on left turners or drivers cutting in from various driveways.

Queen westbound was a little better that I counted 9 streetcars that I could see at Gladstone and expecting more were behind them. Eastbound was moving a lot better for some reason. Some of the delay for westbound was left tuns at Dufferin

Back