News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Leftists have made the word "racist" meaningless by the way. Just sayin.

You have said a few racist things on UT in the past too. Please do not get into a fight about race or ethnicity on this thread!
I agree with you that we really don't want a fight about racism here but @Neutrino is right that the word is used too often. It is certainly racist to state that everyone belonging to a race has a certain characteristic "All men from X are alcoholics." It is not racist to say "My neighbour, who comes from X, is an alcoholic".

I agree with you that we really don't want a fight about racism here but @Neutrino is right that the word is used too often. It is certainly racist to state that everyone belonging to a race has a certain characteristic "All men from X are alcoholics." It is not racist to say "My neighbour, who comes from X, is an alcoholic".

My issue with the original comment is that the user wasn’t providing any useful information by specifying the age and race of the demographic group they perceive to be perpetrating this crime. It couldn’t serve much purpose other than to increase prejudice against older asians.

I cant even blame the C/ALRVs, this cold is just outright ridiculous. There's something seriously wrong when the North Pole is warmer than Ontario.

I cant even blame the C/ALRVs, this cold is just outright ridiculous. There's something seriously wrong when the North Pole is warmer than Ontario.

Well... if it helps here are some videos from Presidente Figueiredo in Northern Brazil that my Girlfriend sent me (she lives there). I told her it was -22 here last night and she was scared. She wondered how I would survive in such cold temperatures (it was 40 degrees colder than it was at the time in Manaus).

As the saying goes, think warm thoughts.

You have said a few racist things on UT in the past too.
I most certainly have not.

Please do not get into a fight about race or ethnicity on this thread!
No one should be standing aside, and letting racist comments fly by about behaviours of specific races on transit. Particularly ones that don't actually seem to have any basis.

Leftists have made the word "racist" meaningless by the way. Just sayin.
I'm not sure how voting in a Sikh leader makes the word "racist" meaningless. That just sounds absurd. I haven't heard the NDP using the word particularly much really.

-22°C isn't unusually cold for Toronto in the middle of the winter. It normally hits this temperature at some point between December and February.

Looking at this historical data for this date, the record for Toronto is -30.0°C in 1933 - not long before we started seeing air lines. The coldest I see offhand is -32.8°C on January 10, 1859 - but I'm having trouble seeing an all-time low without paging through each day.

@nfitz See the current political climate on campus, in HR departments and mainstream left leaning media where the social justice and equity rhetoric has gone over the top.

@nfitz See the current political climate on campus, in HR departments and mainstream left leaning media where the social justice and equity rhetoric has gone over the top.

I have heard horror stories from the TTC where drivers are afraid to interact with other drivers as some of the new recruits are "sensitive". My father is actually thinking of retiring because the newer operators get offended at the smallest of things or try to pull various "cards". He feels as though he will be reported for something otherwise harmless to another operator.

I have heard horror stories from the TTC where drivers are afraid to interact with other drivers as some of the new recruits are "sensitive". My father is actually thinking of retiring because the newer operators get offended at the smallest of things or try to pull various "cards". He feels as though he will be reported for something otherwise harmless to another operator.

Good god, the rot is deep. Liberal arts grad no doubt.

Good god, the rot is deep. Liberal arts grad no doubt.

Excuse me? I would have you know I am actually a liberal arts grad with an additional diploma in International Business.

Yes I am a card carrying Communist but at the same time, just because I do not believe in babying everyone to avoid hurting their feelings does not require you to issue insults.

Excuse me? I would have you know I am actually a liberal arts grad with an additional diploma in International Business.

Yes I am a card carrying Communist but at the same time, just because I do not believe in babying everyone to avoid hurting their feelings does not require you to issue insults.

lol I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but I was not insulting you. I mean the sensitive young drivers seem like the snowflakes I encountered at my campus. I'm a liberal arts grad myself for what it's worth.

Back