News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

lol I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but I was not insulting you. I mean the sensitive young drivers seem like the snowflakes I encountered at my campus. I'm a liberal arts grad myself for what it's worth.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh My apologies. I thought you were insulting me.

One of my fathers friends got reported when someone played the race card, another got reported for being insenstive to a disability. The disability issue arose because an operator was leaving the station late. The person claimed they were using washroom because they had bladder issues amongst other things, when they were asked to provide a note they attempted to file a human rights complaint regarding the need for using the bathroom. In the end there was no disability, just an operator who did not feel the need to work very hard.

@nfitz See the current political climate on campus, in HR departments and mainstream left leaning media where the social justice and equity rhetoric has gone over the top.
I have little idea what you are talking about. Any HR department I'm aware of, I haven't seen signs that social justice and equity has gone over the top.

I'm not even sure where you find much in the way of left-leaning media. We all know that most of the main-stream media in this country has a right-wing bias - and that's no great surprise, when you look at the ownership. The only local paper that doesn't, is the Star - and I'm not sure they can be accused of a left-wing bias, given how much trouble and crap they made for David Miller. They are more centrist than anything else - perhaps with a slight lean to the left.

The biggest left-wing media in Toronto is NOW. But is that mainstream?

I'm not sure which campus to which you prefer. UofT has always seemed to have right-wing bias to me. And York always seems to be more about some boring European/Asian rivalry.

Star and CBC are very left leaning. York and UofT have coteries of extreme left wing students and professors. Luckily, they're probably just very noisy minorities obscuring the likely fact that most students are somewhere in the middle, if somewhat left leaning. Recall the Jordan Peterson drama at UofT where the extremist activist students and profs went mental. I don't think you appreciate the severity of the situation on campuses and some of our other institutions. But I'm very off topic and we should return to transit discussion.

Star and CBC are very left leaning. York and UofT have coteries of extreme left wing students and professors. Luckily, they're probably just very noisy minorities obscuring the likely fact that most students are somewhere in the middle, if somewhat left leaning. Recall the Jordan Peterson drama at UofT where the extremist activist students and profs went mental. I don't think you appreciate the severity of the situation on campuses and some of our other institutions. But I'm very off topic and we should return to transit discussion.
What a load of crap, and (as you say) totally off topic.

Coxwell elevators are in service per Councillor Davis' twitter. I was through yesterday and the hoardings were down but they were not yet available.

lol I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but I was not insulting you. I mean the sensitive young drivers seem like the snowflakes I encountered at my campus. I'm a liberal arts grad myself for what it's worth.
It’s amazing to me how quickly social discourse changed from my Gen-X upbringing to this era of safe spaces and trigger warnings. What happened?

What do you think of the "This is Where" anti-harassment TTC app? I see it advertised throughout the TTC over the past few months.

It's a very interesting idea.

The “this is where” app makes no sense. A website would be cheaper to make, easier to maintain, quicker to access and accessible to a broader range of visitors. It would’ve taken any remotely competent web developer very little time to put this together.

Whoever pithed this idea to the TTC must’ve made a pretty penny off of it (apps are a lot more expensive than websites typically)

The “this is where” app makes no sense. A website would be cheaper to make, easier to maintain, quicker to access and accessible to a broader range of visitors. It would’ve taken any remotely competent web developer very little time to put this together.

Whoever pithed this idea to the TTC must’ve made a pretty penny off of it (apps are a lot more expensive than websites typically)
Why create a program that requires internet connectivity when you don’t offer that connectivity on your subway?

Maybe because few people spend 24/7 in the subway?
I generally ignore rhetorical questions as meaningless, but when 221 million out of total 538 million rides in 2016 were on the subway, perhaps the TTC enabling people to use its app on its service is a good idea. Imagine if Starbucks set up an app to collect feedback about negative experiences with their service, but ensured the app didn’t work in half its stores, in the apparent hope that you will (or will not) remember to go to the app later.

Back