News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

What this map refers to The Kendal Crossover (is that correct, it doesn't google well) north of Spadina. Good question.

I'm sure it could. The issue though is that would cost more money. Every major mayoral candidate promised to save money, and keep tax increased below inflation. So ... no.

Yes we should. The issue though is that would cost more money. Every major mayoral candidate promised to save money, and keep tax increased below inflation. So ... no.

It costs more money to close the subway more often for the weekend? Because of the shuttle buses?

Does it really cost that much for additional weekend closures, given that they're closing on many weekends already (last weekend, this weekend etc)?

It costs more money to close the subway more often for the weekend? Because of the shuttle buses?

Does it really cost that much for additional weekend closures, given that they're closing on many weekends already (last weekend, this weekend etc)?

Not sure if all the work is done on weekends. Presumably, if some work is done on weeknights, it would be waste a lot of time mobilizing and demobilizing every night for a short window of work. With a weekend closure, more work could actually be done between the mob and de-mob and it would be more efficient (i.e. less expensive).

I am not sure, but it seems that signalling should be done on parts of the network while a closure is done on another (i.e. trackwork). If the subway is closed from Eglinton to Bloor, they may as well close it up to Finch and do signal work there.

Also, a Contractor would rather complete work early and get paid, rather than stretch it out over a longer time period.

I mean that if you do more work in a year, you have to pay workers more. The work is budgeted over many years. If you spend the money sooner, you need to increase the 2014 (or 2015) budget. Given how tight the city budgets are, where does the money come from to schedule this work to be done sooner? What else gets cancelled instead? Or do we increase debt? Or increase taxes?

In case you were growing worried that it had been too long since another group presented another solution/plan to the city's/region's transit and congestion issue.

GTA MOVE Network retweeted
Rahul Gupta @TOinTransit · 1h 1 hour ago

#TTC union president Bob Kinnear will apparently release a "comprehensive plan for the future of transit in Toronto" on Monday at city hall.

Why, we'd have multiple lines with no ATC, and one attendant in each car to ensure the safety of passengers and customer service excellence of course.

AoD

There would be only attendant per train, not per car. Just as on the Scarborough RT is at present.

In case you were growing worried that it had been too long since another group presented another solution/plan to the city's/region's transit and congestion issue.

GTA MOVE Network retweeted
Rahul Gupta @TOinTransit · 1h 1 hour ago

#TTC union president Bob Kinnear will apparently release a "comprehensive plan for the future of transit in Toronto" on Monday at city hall.

The plan is to have one operator per door on all subway trains, and to halt work on automated train control.

The proposal apparently has a presence on Twitter as @TTCfuture - rather cryptic, somewhat suspicious and oddly in Metrolinx Green. So far it stuck me as vaguely untrustworthy, masquerade as something official when it is anything but. PR fail.

AoD

Why, we'd have multiple lines with no ATC, and one attendant in each car to ensure the safety of passengers and customer service excellence of course.

AoD

You forgot a footnote...

* "Customer Service Excellence" is a defined term that specifically prohibits TTC employees from talking to transit users.

eqXKSLM.jpg

Why say "[the] next train is temporarily delayed"? Is it really necessary to specify that the delay is temporary? I don't think there's a person on this earth foolish enough to believe that it would be permanently delayed; the word 'delayed' implies that the condition is temporary . Ughhh :mad:

Last edited:

Back