News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I wanna say that’s the wheelchair ramp being deployed and then stowed. It’s been a while since I’ve seen it in action, though.
That's pretty loud for that, and the way it was going for about ten minutes makese me think otherwise, but I can't be certain. The video is zoomed in a fair bit, as I'm 6 floors up and about 200 metres away.

That's pretty loud for that, and the way it was going for about ten minutes makese me think otherwise, but I can't be certain. The video is zoomed in a fair bit, as I'm 6 floors up and about 200 metres away.

I wonder if it actually was a reversing indicator, they do have controls in the rear and can reverse.

What direction did the streetcar leave in?

Certainly the longest wait that I have ever seen advertised for the next train.
EDIT: and it did take that long.
IMG_20220409_225242.jpg

In any normal business this would mean they were about to start installing new wall coverings (or making final repairs blow to allow this to be done.) As it's the TTC it is hard to know what it means!
Both stations have been like this for a while. No visible work has taken place.

If it wasn’t for the signage, this could easily be a Soviet built metro station.
I don't know about that. The Moscow, Kiev and St. P metros have many beautiful stations. Much of Soviet architecture was bland and utilitarian, but not the metros. I remember my family finding the TTC shocking after years of being spoiled by the Moscow stations.

I don't know about that. The Moscow, Kiev and St. P metros have many beautiful stations. Much of Soviet architecture was bland and utilitarian, but not the metros. I remember my family finding the TTC shocking after years of being spoiled by the Moscow stations.
There’s a station in Moscow, I believe, that actually looks like this. But on purpose. It’s nice sleek black and white and popular on Instagram.

Oh yeah, same with Queens Park Station

View attachment 391762

I think this has to do with Asbestos removal. If I recall, there was/is a fair bit of remediation work going on at the moment.

Some of the materials which were common at the time of construction are now in need of removal.

They were also removing it from tunnels in the area if I'm not mistaken.

Back