News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Just saw it again. 17B.

Didn't get the run number. That's 2 days in a row now leading me to think this may be planned.
I've checked - It's not planned. There are no runs scheduled to operate with articulated buses on Birchmount.

If it is the one I'm thinking of, that run does come out later in the afternoon, which reinforces my original hypothesis.

Dan

I've checked - It's not planned. There are no runs scheduled to operate with articulated buses on Birchmount.

If it is the one I'm thinking of, that run does come out later in the afternoon, which reinforces my original hypothesis.

Dan

Thanks Dan,

Sorry for doubting you. I will say this however, the Artic had a standing load for that run.

In answer to a comment, Steve Munro reports that he has got an update from Metrolinx on the long-discussed connection between Bloor GO and the Dundas West TTC station. Steve says:

1650639004986.png

In answer to a comment, Steve Munro reports that he has got an update from Metrolinx on the long-discussed connection between Bloor GO and the Dundas West TTC station. Steve says:

View attachment 394776
I am unclear why @H4F33Z and @W.K.Lis are sad. Though I certainly wish this connection was in place now, I think a planned 2023 start for construction is pretty good news - the project has not moved for decades and it appears it is about to.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the Philippines?
No - I wasn't even aware that Manilla had a subway; given the state of their commuter rail tracks, I'd be shocked if their subway was cleaner than ours.

Philippines is hardly a one-party state.

I am unclear why @H4F33Z and @W.K.Lis are sad. Though I certainly wish this connection was in place now, I think a planned 2023 start for construction is pretty good news - the project has not moved for decades and it appears it is about to.
Except that it's starting next year has been the position for about a decade already.

Except that it's starting next year has been the position for about a decade already.
That is not true; the standard line has been that the TTC or GO wanted to start but Crossroads (the Mall) refused to agree. Now they apparently have agreed.........

That is not true; the standard line has been that the TTC or GO wanted to start but Crossroads (the Mall) refused to agree. Now they apparently have agreed.........
I dont think they agreed to anything, Metrolinx expropriated after trying to work with the idiot owners of the property.

As evidenced to the fact that the tunnel wont have connections to Crossroads (last I heard anyways).

There are more and more of these signs. And, presumably, fewer of the No Pantograph ones!
I saw more no pans than this one the day I shot it, The system is been converted to pans only at this time, leave little room for poles to be use.

I'm pretty sure somewhere in the Blue 22 consultation they indicated it would open with the UP.

The original 2003 announcement said it would open between 2008 and 2010 if all the parties could come to an agreement. And they had started construction within Crossways back in the 1970s - before GO reneged.

TTC hosts virtual information session with focus on women as Transit Operators

Apr. 27, 2022

This Thurs., Apr. 28, the TTC will be holding a virtual information session geared towards hiring women as transit operators. Those interested in learning more about exciting career opportunities at the TTC can register at ttc.ca/join in advance of the event.

“TTC operators play a vital role in our city by helping residents get to where they need to go. We know as our city continues to grow, our transit system will grow along with it. These information sessions geared at recruiting more woman will help keep our system robust while at the same time ensuring the workforce reflects our diverse city. Thank you to the TTC for prioritizing this initiative and for their work in hiring more women in Toronto,” said Mayor John Tory.

“Transit operators have kept the TTC moving during the past two years of the pandemic” said TTC Chair Jaye Robinson. “Our goal is to encourage more women to apply for transit operator positions at the TTC, and events such as this help to ensure that our workforce is representative of the diverse communities that we serve.”

“Last year, we saw great success in attracting women to the role of transit operator, in fact, six out of every ten new hires identified as women,” said TTC CEO Rick Leary. “We hope that events like this will continue to showcase the TTC as a place where women can build a rewarding and fulfilling career. I encourage everyone interested in learning more about working in transit to attend.”

The event will take place on Apr. 28, from 1 to 2:30 p.m. It is open to everyone and will provide an opportunity to hear from TTC women employees about what it’s like to work at the TTC, including personal stories, career advice and information about growth opportunities. Participants will also have the opportunity to ask questions.

Additional information sessions will be held throughout the year.

Back