News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

It's going to the same issue as we see at Spadina and Union today. One streetcar holding another one behind.

New ttc stop design:
upload_2016-3-27_23-23-52.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-27_23-23-52.png
    upload_2016-3-27_23-23-52.png
    539.2 KB · Views: 630
It's going to the same issue as we see at Spadina and Union today. One streetcar holding another one behind.

Although in St clair they can have one at each point unlike at Spadin or union if A flex is at Load one can't unload until it leaves, there currently isn't enough space for two of them in Spadina Station.

I wish they would switch to flag signs for surface stops instead of totem. I find them much easier to spot on a cluttered street and they're out of reach for lazy vandals.

Just wait for them to come up with another new design in a year. Express was suppose to be red until they turn green. Normal regular routes are red.

Will this be the beginning to making all TTC signs conform to one design? I hate seeing old signs mixed with newer signs (especially in the subway system)

Yeah. TTCDesign tweeted with me a while ago that they are working on a new design for the entire system. Assuming this is it.

I assume Andy Byford is behind the signage standardization. I love how they just went ahead and standardized across the board, signage, advertising, announcements, etc. No consultants or expensive rebrand project, just get it done.

I assume Andy Byford is behind the signage standardization. I love how they just went ahead and standardized across the board, signage, advertising, announcements, etc. No consultants or expensive rebrand project, just get it done.
While I hope "just get it done" is what we see, I have seen too many half-completed or poorly planned TTC projects to be as optimistic. If we actually see 100% new signage and no more temporary handwritten signage up for weeks I will be (pleasantly) surprised

Obviously we aren't too 100% but I noticed: A clear shift in their advertising which was completely random before, and is generally on brand now. Also more standardization in one off notices about construction which would have been scribbled with a sharpie. And a whole bunch of new signs for stuff like "line 2 westbound". All of this in the first year or two under Byford.

Edit: typos and nonsense

Last edited:
Obviously we aren't too 100% but I noticed: A clear shift in their advertising which was completely random before, and I'd generally on brand note. Also more standardization in one off notices about construction which would have been scribbled with a sharpy. And a whole bunch of new signs for stuff like "line 1 westbound". All of this in the first year or two under Byford.

As well, new bus wraps are coming at some point. TTC Design confirmed this on twitter a few weeks ago.

As well, new bus wraps are coming at some point. TTC Design confirmed this on twitter a few weeks ago.
Oh boy, looks like we'll be in for a fun ride with those. I'm assuming those wraps will be for the rocket routes?

Back