News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

More seriously, probably Kipling bus terminal and accessibility improvements.

But I'm still hoping for that 1 stop subway extension to Hamilton.

Mayor Tory will be off to China and Japan the following weeks. I hope he visits their subway and railway systems, to see what Japanese built decades ago and what Chinese has built in the recent two decades. Wish the next two decades would be momentum for GTA.

I wondered how much did Coca-Cola pay the TTC for the two-and-half-minute ad.

I noticed a ginger ale can.

58023L.jpg

Yeah. TTCDesign tweeted with me a while ago that they are working on a new design for the entire system. Assuming this is it.

Meanwhile, I'm told that ML is working on a signage standardisation scheme for the entire GTA. And GO continues to use up their old stock of bus stop signs even though a new design is coming next year, which will require replacing them all anyways. So many left hands.

- Paul

Meanwhile, I'm told that ML is working on a signage standardisation scheme for the entire GTA. And GO continues to use up their old stock of bus stop signs even though a new design is coming next year, which will require replacing them all anyways. So many left hands.

- Paul

Have to use up the old inventory or throw them out or try to sell them for the scrape value.

Have to use up the old inventory or throw them out or try to sell them for the scrape value.

I could bear the outright scrapping of the unused signs, on the premise that it saves redundant labour expense of swapping them out more often than truly necessary.

It wasn't that long ago that I was driving through the country and spotted a hydro pole that had a TTC bus stop painted on it....the pole must have been removed and sold for reuse, and has been there ever since.

Pardon me a crusty senior's moment while I reminisce about a time when people thought about how much of the taxpayer's money they were handling, and tried to minimise same.

- Paul

I always check before exiting streetcars, and have taught my kids to do the same. Although the law requires drivers to stop, there's no reason to be dead right. This driver is clearly in the wrong (with a bad attitude to boot), but he has a point about riders taking a second to ensure their own safety.

I always check before exiting streetcars, and have taught my kids to do the same. Although the law requires drivers to stop, there's no reason to be dead right. This driver is clearly in the wrong (with a bad attitude to boot), but he has a point about riders taking a second to ensure their own safety.

He does have a point, but coming up with excuses and fighting the careless driving charge is hypocrisy.

Back