News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

One final question has the TTC considered running train service over night on Fridays and Saturdays? They are considering this service pattern in Vancouver and I just saw this today , perhaps when signal upgrades are complete or on parts of the lines whee it is?
Yes the question has been raised over the years about weekend and all night service, but until the lines are ATO, you can't do it. Line 1 can be looked at come 2020, but line 2 will be 2031 or about.

Even if you can run service on one line, there will be times you can't do because of crossover work or what has to be done at that time.

When it comes time to phase out all media, you will have X time frame to get a refund on them like they have done it for fare increases or replacement in the past. Even if you miss it, you can go up to Davisville and do it.

Yes the question has been raised over the years about weekend and all night service, but until the lines are ATO, you can't do it. Line 1 can be looked at come 2020, but line 2 will be 2031 or about.

IIRC, some traction power work would also need to be redone.

Work on say the North Track which requires shutting down the power (and it often does) also shuts down power on the southbound track too.

IIRC, some traction power work would also need to be redone.

Work on say the North Track which requires shutting down the power (and it often does) also shuts down power on the southbound track too.
That why I stated "what every else may have to be done". Its a blank statement to cover everything, since the list would be too long here. There is so many unknown what work maybe require closing both lines at the same time, but as long as you can have a line open, you can offer more service 7/24. Ridership is saying there needs to be LRT in service on the surface these days for various days and I am not the one making that call in the first place since I don't look at those numbers in the first place.

One final question has the TTC considered running train service over night on Fridays and Saturdays? They are considering this service pattern in Vancouver and I just saw this today
, perhaps when signal upgrades are complete or on parts of the lines whee it is?

I took the night tube in London this past June and it only runs on lines that are ATO enabled or in sections that are. It is primarily used by people getting to and from airports but there are no plans to run the entire network 24 hours a day on the weekends as it goes into obscure parts of London. The ends of the lines run into parts of London that are very much rural and lines such as the Waterloo and City Line are devoid of passengers at most times. The Bakerloo line is lightly travelled outside Zone 1 and as such it makes no sense to run it overnight nor is it a priority for ATO.

ATO is great but does not go well with Concrete....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...op-spilled-concrete-from-setting-9082206.html

12 minsManage

Adam Cohoon
No we will not be refunding any unused fare media at the end of 2018 and encourage customers to use any remaining ticket, tokens or passes and switch over to PRESTO card -- @ttchelps

It makes sense. Why refund fare media that you will no longer be accepting?

When they changed the look of transfers and tokens they refunded them because they were still an acceptable fare medium (albeit modified) to prevent people from using them and losing money.

Now they are eliminating tokens and tickets. No matter what people do they cannot use them so why bother taking them back?

Considering that we now have Downsview Park and when Eglinton and more RER services come online we will have several more well integrated stations, (we already have UP as well) are there any plans to make an integrated GO/TTC Map for the Toronto area specifically? I feel like a few things would look very interesting to add to the current 2020's planned TTC Map such as the UP Express which adds a high freqeuncy line on the West which can meet the 192 at Pearson as well as the Barrie Line which at full buildout basically acts as an Express Link between the 510 Spadina, Line 2, Line 5, and Line 1.

If there are no such plans would anybody be interested in making a map?

Definitely needs the GO RH line.

In my view, dedicated-ROW lines belong there, too -- St. Clair streetcar, Viva rapidway buses, and so on.
Something like this from here?
Rapid Transit With GO.png

Attachments

• Rapid Transit With GO.png
    Rapid Transit With GO.png
    481.2 KB · Views: 327
Someone decided to post a video of the P1 at College last Thursday on Worldstar. Don’t know if it’s against the rules since it’s NSFW.

Someone decided to post a video of the P1 at College last Thursday on Worldstar. Don’t know if it’s against the rules since it’s NSFW.

I saw it on Twitter. Honestly the craziest thing is that someone was making a video. The guy was obviously mentally ill or high on something so I can understand why people didn't want to pull him back, but why would you record a video of it?

Back