News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Though I understand why the TTC is adjusting service, I find it amusing that they seem to think they 'adhere to schedule" during normal times!

March 25

As COVID-19 evolves, we're doing our best to adapt with the resources available. Bus routes are experiencing unpredictability and aren't able to strictly adhere to schedules. Service is allocated with priority to the busiest routes and to ensure all areas of the city have reasonable access to public transit. Please use good judgement; don't board busy vehicles. Vehicles may also bypass stops if they are too full. Thank you for your patience and understanding. And thank you to the hardworking TTC operators who are committed to keeping the city moving. Keep checking here for the latest info.

511 will remain streetcars until May or longer as the Bathurst Bridge Work has been defer to then and could be longer due to the virus.

When 505 goes back to been streetcars, it will be for Pans only and trolley poles will not work on it.

Plan changes for 509 and 510 will not happen due to lack of fleet to do it, but the 504 change will happen. Oh that lovely 204 cars in place of 252 is now biting TTC ass. Then having cars out of service close to a year doesn't help. 4402 has finally seen 2 full day of service in the last year on top a of a few trippers last week. It doesn't help having cars repair taking a year or more compare to the plan 19 weeks.

I found some drivers of the 504 floor the car along the route will others tea toe it when there isn't traffic on the route. Have seen where there is 10 minutes between 504A and other times one is on the ass of another one when a 504B should be between them.

From what I have seen on 504 this week, very few riders to about 50% on the car for a good chunk of my travel.

When I was photographing out by Kipling this week, watched both TTC and miWay buses going in both direction and they either had no riders to less than 20 on them, but could be wrong since some were speeding by me. Surprised on the inbound TTC buses with no riders, as well a few miWay route bus. I know the 112 bus I got on only had 10 riders compare to the 2 that were on my first bus on a different route.

Even subway cars were only seeing 10-20% ridership, even at peak time. Lots of space on my trip from Broadview to Kipling at peak time with a few sitting side by side since they were a pair.

511 will remain streetcars until May or longer as the Bathurst Bridge Work has been defer to then and could be longer due to the virus.

When 505 goes back to been streetcars, it will be for Pans only and trolley poles will not work on it.

Plan changes for 509 and 510 will not happen due to lack of fleet to do it, but the 504 change will happen. Oh that lovely 204 cars in place of 252 is now biting TTC ass. Then having cars out of service close to a year doesn't help. 4402 has finally seen 2 full day of service in the last year on top a of a few trippers last week. It doesn't help having cars repair taking a year or more compare to the plan 19 weeks.

I found some drivers of the 504 floor the car along the route will others tea toe it when there isn't traffic on the route. Have seen where there is 10 minutes between 504A and other times one is on the ass of another one when a 504B should be between them.

From what I have seen on 504 this week, very few riders to about 50% on the car for a good chunk of my travel.

When I was photographing out by Kipling this week, watched both TTC and miWay buses going in both direction and they either had no riders to less than 20 on them, but could be wrong since some were speeding by me. Surprised on the inbound TTC buses with no riders, as well a few miWay route bus. I know the 112 bus I got on only had 10 riders compare to the 2 that were on my first bus on a different route.

Even subway cars were only seeing 10-20% ridership, even at peak time. Lots of space on my trip from Broadview to Kipling at peak time with a few sitting side by side since they were a pair.

Blame Leary as it's pretty clear there is a bias towards buses these days at TTC. They try to replace streetcars with buses as much as they possibly can, and that's just not good for a system like ours. And yes, a few long MIA cars like 4402 and 4505 have recently re-entered service.

Hopefully TTC never tears down the booths, they may be closing but keep them intact ; the CSR could store his/her stuff in the booth while working their shift.

I also love the writer's idea to have them as observation stations to chronicle and learn about the harried lives of fellow citizens.

In what may end up being our most controversial video yet, we look at the differences between buses and streetcars and why we think there is still a strong case for properly implemented streetcars!

There are many routes in Toronto where streetcars should make a return where they once ran, and there should be entirely new routes added as well.

Never gonna happen in this regressive city.

From the southbound side of Eglinton Station courtesy of the Geneva Centre for Autism and LPAD, which is the former's marketing agency:

GCA PSD.jpg

Last edited:
Eglinton really is not holding up well. I am all for saving SOME of the vitrolite but I am thinking that the time has come for a replacement.

The vitrolite tile replacement won't happen until after the Eglinton Crosstown LRT (Eglinton Station) nears completion in 2022.

4449 had the honour of being the very first car to enter service on 505 this morning. After 2 years, it's intresting seeing cars return the route. Meanwhile 511 is back to buses

Back