News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The subway running full enough to be leaving people on the platform at 3am isn't going to be a regular occurrence.. Though I wish subways running all night on Friday and saturday nights was.

I liked the subways running 24hrs on saturday. The TTC should do it all the time.

The subway running full enough to be leaving people on the platform at 3am isn't going to be a regular occurrence.. Though I wish subways running all night on Friday and saturday nights was.

Do Nuit Blanche every night. Problem solved. Who cares about track maintenance or ATC signal installation.

There was some talk years ago that ATO would allow single track operation and 24 hour service on long (15-20min) headways. Have my doubts we'll ever see that. I bet there will be too many issues around power isolation.

There was some talk years ago that ATO would allow single track operation and 24 hour service on long (15-20min) headways. Have my doubts we'll ever see that. I bet there will be too many issues around power isolation.

It may be preferable to do a more frequent night bus rather than a very infrequent subway service.

Artics on the Yonge and Bloor subway replacement services on Sunday mornings might be helpful. Have been on a few that were jammed solid with punters.

Do Nuit Blanche every night. Problem solved. Who cares about track maintenance or ATC signal installation.
:D;) ehlow haha... They do shut down the whole swaths of the subway anyway for track maintenance so what's the difference?

Had the subway been four tracks this would not be a problem. Then again, very few systems run 24hrs. In a way, it would make Toronto unique.

:D;) ehlow haha... They do shut down the whole swaths of the subway anyway for track maintenance so what's the difference?

Had the subway been four tracks this would not be a problem. Then again, very few systems run 24hrs. In a way, it would make Toronto unique.

:)

4 tracks would've been useful on Yonge, they could've run express service.

However, we can't blame the Torontonians 60-70 years ago, a time when much of Scarborough, North York and Etobicoke was farmland, for not knowing that Toronto would grow much larger while not building enough additional transit lines for a long period of time.

They probably thought we would all be riding private helicopters or using jetpacks by now anyways.

:)

4 tracks would've been useful on Yonge, they could've run express service.

However, we can't blame the Torontonians 60-70 years ago, a time when much of Scarborough, North York and Etobicoke was farmland, for not knowing that Toronto would grow much larger while not building enough additional transit lines for a long period of time.

They probably thought we would all be riding private helicopters or using jetpacks by now anyways.

Oh yeah, I bet they fought by now we would all have spaceships lol. But I agree, what's done is done. It would be nice though :D

Line 2 isn't nearly as over capacity as Yonge. Bloor would be nice, but Yonge needs it. On yonge you need 2 more trains just to get on the subway, Bloor would just give you a bit more personal space.

The TTC is tweaking subway service to add 2 more trains on each of Line 1 and 2 at rush hour:

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...better_faster_service_after_thanksgiving.html

This is great. The operational improvements sound good too. Hopefully it stops the situation where you're going northbound north of Sheppard and the trains stop & crawl in the tunnels.

I also hope they can reduce the time necessary when the train stops at Yonge Bloor (I'm assuming a crew change).

Back