News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

perhaps

Why don't they just elevate the line?
You want to elevate the line over the 404 as a bridge next to Sheppard? Then would it be north or south? I would say south because Sheppard Ave bends south when east of 404. Although, going from underground to elevated may be difficult.

I don't have the exact numbers, but I believe that the Don Mills station is very deep and there is not enough space to bring the elevation of the line high enough to clear the 404 (and ramps).
I beat you to it, kind of.

I don't have the exact numbers, but I believe that the Don Mills station is very deep and there is not enough space to bring the elevation of the line high enough to clear the 404 (and ramps).
You want to elevate the line over the 404 as a bridge next to Sheppard? Then would it be north or south? I would say south because Sheppard Ave bends south when east of 404. Although, going from underground to elevated may be difficult.

I was going to say north. I saw elevate because that is supposed to save money over tunneling the whole thing.

If it goes north, it has 2+ intersections to deal with plus the highway ramps. While south has 1+ intersections.
Fair enough. Is there anyway to cut down on the cost if it is approved? I don't think the tunneling will fly, it will be 3 billion plus when it's all said an done.

Yeah, just like how the Scarborough Subway is only going to cost "$500 million" more than the LRT!.... oh wait....

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/06/17/cost-of-scarborough-subway-going-up-by-almost-1-billion
This Sheppard story is starting to play out the same way...

While I'd love that, why should he? He won the SSE debate, and right about now I think he feels pretty damn confident about a Shepard Extension.

Sure, I hate the man's guts too, but he clearly knows how to play the game.

De Baeremaeker cannot force Tory's hand on Sheppard Subway; he has no leverage in this matter. De Baeremaeker is the one who needs continued Tory's support to make sure SSE happens, not one way around.

Most likely, de Baeremaeker does not even expect Sheppard Subway to be built any time soon; he is just trying to exchange favors with the Councillors representing north-western Scarborough. He pretends to support the Sheppard Subway extension through their ridings - words are cheap - in order to make them feel oblidgated to continue their support for SSE. SSE still needs a few Council votes before the construction starts.

Sheppard Subway may be extended eventually, perhaps in 30 or 40 years, but this is just not in the cards right now.

While I'd love that, why should he? He won the SSE debate, and right about now I think he feels pretty damn confident about a Shepard Extension.

Sure, I hate the man's guts too, but he clearly knows how to play the game.
He played the game and if that game plays out the taxpayer - local, provincial, federal - will be out a 10 figure sum of money. Some game.

De Baeremaeker cannot force Tory's hand on Sheppard Subway; he has no leverage in this matter. De Baeremaeker is the one who needs continued Tory's support to make sure SSE happens, not one way around.

Most likely, de Baeremaeker does not even expect Sheppard Subway to be built any time soon; he is just trying to exchange favors with the Councillors representing north-western Scarborough. He pretends to support the Sheppard Subway extension through their ridings - words are cheap - in order to make them feel oblidgated to continue their support for SSE. SSE still needs a few Council votes before the construction starts.

Sheppard Subway may be extended eventually, perhaps in 30 or 40 years, but this is just not in the cards right now.
Yes he can. The road tolls will need support in the future. DRL support as well. This is a long game.

Back