News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I see, thanks for the links, it sad that they're retiling Papes perfect tiles.... outrages... hopefully its nice tile, did you get to see what tile they're using?

I see, thanks for the links, it sad that they're retiling Papes perfect tiles.... outrages... hopefully its nice tile, did you get to see what tile they're using?

Yes, its a faux white marble (they're going with a Greek theme) (they were debating painting the ceiling blue)

Yes, its a faux white marble (they're going with a Greek theme) (they were debating painting the ceiling blue)

Faux marble, not bad... atleast it wasn't highlighter yellow vomit green or any other crazy colors that clash with the subtle colors of the BD line... I like the blue ceiling, from the sample at the end of the platform.

WOW! We really need to get these back, like now, amazing...

spare-0008-06.jpg

spare-0008-04.jpg

Who would you contact to get the Arc en Ciel Bac... just wow

Photos by Michel Proulx from Transit Toronto

WOW! We really need to get these back, like now, amazing...

spare-0008-06.jpg

spare-0008-04.jpg

Who would you contact to get the Arc en Ciel Bac... just wow

Photos by Michel Proulx from Transit Toronto

LED lights are still expensive. The price should come down in the next few years, so they should be at least plan for it.

Section 37 money from some future project could cover it, so the TTC could make it happen. If there are some projects going up in this ward, people need to raise this at the community consultation meetings.

I was at York University Alumni Association meeting last week where some staff from the University presented on the new YorkU stations -- and there was mention of a lighting-display reminiscent of "Arc en Ciel" as the train pulls into one of the York stations on the new Spadina Extention. I can't recall if it was the Norman Foster station in the center of the university, or the Wil Alsop station that straddles Steeles, and there were no renders at this point, but the idea sounded very much like Arc en Ciel...

Does anybody have any details on this?

Sorry for being cynical, but why even waste money on aesthetics adornments on future subway station if we're just going to turn off the switch on the light feature or gussy up the columns with faux totem poles or cover the tiles in Koodo ads in a decade from now?

Why even bother?
090515ctatattler.jpg

Sorry for being cynical, but why even waste money on aesthetics adornments on future subway station if we're just going to turn off the switch on the light feature or gussy up the columns with faux totem poles or cover the tiles in Koodo ads in a decade from now?

Why even bother?
090515ctatattler.jpg

I'd rather I nicely designed station, with art features with a fiew ads and such, rather than that bare concrete institutional station...

It was talked about, but either the funding ran out while they were working on Museum (which would explain its half-finished appearance) or they only had the funding secured for Museum. Considering the proposed designs for St Patrick and Osgoode, probably just as well (yes, even considering the current appearance).

It seems that the majority of Bloor line stations now have ceilings at platform level with chunks of concrete removed exposing the rebar. It's quite ugly. The Spadina's westbound platform even looks unsafe and dilapidated near the exit to the streetcar platform with small bits of the ceiling littering the tracks and a lot of rebar exposed. But Spadina is but the worst example of something seen throughout the line to varying degrees.

Back