News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Did anyone else know that they are using pieces of the old Inglewood Bridge in the new Mills Park? And they are preserving the bridge arch for incorporation into a future project! Friggin dope! I love living in the future where we make good choices mostly.

Speaking of the Inglewood Bridge, the footings look to be just about ready...

64727F7F-FF3A-42F5-85BC-2265224E2FFB.jpeg
57F10092-E8F9-4E99-A802-D8D9A8FC88BF.jpeg
9679B417-40BA-4E48-84E1-80147682E5B9.jpeg

A land use application in Glendale goes to CPC next week, for 5 houses along the south side of 17th Ave SW (4919 - 4935 17th Ave SW). Going from R-C1 to M-C1. This is just across the street and a block west from the 45th Street C-Train station. A few years ago, someone tried to upzone this to M-H1 I believe (6 stories) and was shot down by the community, and subsequently, the City.

Now, looks like whoever picked the parcel up is going for a more modest increase. 14m high, max 47 units:

A concept plan has been submitted along with the land use:
1590780545799.png

1590780577269.png

A land use application in Glendale goes to CPC next week, for 5 houses along the south side of 17th Ave SW (4919 - 4935 17th Ave SW). Going from R-C1 to M-C1. This is just across the street and a block west from the 45th Street C-Train station. A few years ago, someone tried to upzone this to M-H1 I believe (6 stories) and was shot down by the community, and subsequently, the City.

Now, looks like whoever picked the parcel up is going for a more modest increase. 14m high, max 47 units:

A concept plan has been submitted along with the land use:
View attachment 248506
View attachment 248507
Great to see. The city will be quietly be transformed with dozens of these low-rise multi-family buildings: affordable, often easier to build v. towers, and provide substantial boost to density/housing choice in areas that struggle to add much apart from the occasional townhome. My only critique is a even-more-wild-than-usual contextual setback: we've condemned the future owners to slightly higher condo maintain fees forever due regulating in what is destined to be a very poorly utilized lawn.

Interesting, I take it the mixed use development would incorporate the fire station. Hopefully no plans in demolishing it or anything like that.
An RFQ for the Glenbow Museum expansion (Prime Consultant-Architect of Record) was released yesterday. Also, an RFP for land purchase with the provision of a mixed use development +Fire Station in Inglewood was released yesterday as well.

I would expect something like the tower on 8st and 4Ave SW that incorporates the fire station.

For the Glenbow, is it a renovation of the existing building, or a new building? Would love to see a museum on the lot south of the Bow like was originally proposed many years ago lol.

Back