News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I originally missed Sheldon Chumir, 11th ave Place, and the two Penn West buildings...or whatever they're called.

Here's the 30 that I see. I included West village tower east, as you can see just a small part of it in the photo.

05OsSbj22.jpg

Last edited:
Castello was built 2006ish if I recall (my January 2005 joining of SSP must give me some seniority or institutional memory you are all lacking). Emerald Stone was in 2004 I think.
I think you're right, I remember posting construction pics of Castello and the one just west of it on SSP....so basically 30 new buildings in the pic.

Sarina back at it on 33rd Ave. They brought us Avenue 33, COCO, Harrison, and now this. I don't mind what they've done with 33rd Ave at all. only Harrison's street interaction left me wanting more. I'm sure with their past success we'll see this proceed.
DMAP
If they're going to be developing the entirety of 33 ave east of 19 street, they're going to need to up their game. What they've built so far is a vast improvement over suburban style bungalows, but they haven't exactly been a master class in active frontage. If we're not careful, 33 Ave could end up as a desolate strip of retaining walls and railings (like Harrison and Avenue 33).

If they're going to be developing the entirety of 33 ave east of 19 street, they're going to need to up their game. What they've built so far is a vast improvement over suburban style bungalows, but they haven't exactly been a master class in active frontage. If we're not careful, 33 Ave could end up as a desolate strip of retaining walls and railings (like Harrison and Avenue 33).
As has been pointed out somewhere by another, 34th Ave could become the more active street with 33rd Ave being a vehicle-orientated through road.

Back