News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Next round of residential conversion projects announced...

Taylor Building - 85 units [Cressey Developments]
805-8th-Ave-SW-Calgary-AB-Primary-Photo-1-Large.jpg

Petro Fina Building - 105 Units [People First Developments] (This one's pretty nice, In the document it says the historical elements will be preserved)
image.jpg

Fina building.PNG

Eau Claire Place I - 90 Units [Cidex]
eyJrZXkiOiAibWVkaWEvYzUzOGNlMDZhMWJmNGY3NTk1MWY1MDQ3ZTg2MDA5MWYuanBnIn0=

Eau Claire Place II - 195 Units [Pacific Reach Properties]
eyJrZXkiOiAibWVkaWEvMTdkNjU1OTFhMGFkNDA4NTllNzU0MTg2NzUxYzJiZjQuanBnIn0=

744 4th Ave - 55 Units [Institutional Mortgage Capital]
744-4th-Ave-SW-Calgary-AB-Primary-Photo-1-Large.jpg

Last edited:
A a couple of mid-rises in that location would work nicely. Also they would have a great view of both the lake and the mountains.
Lake, skyline, and Rockies. Probably the best view-potential in the city. Doesn’t need to be mid-rises though. The nearby triple tower development sets a precedent for high rises in the area.

Ohhhh my god! The Taylor, Fina, and 744 buildings all going ahead next? Jesus that’s a huge win. Two more residential conversions on Stephen Avenue 🥰 likely accompanied by retail at grade to extend the Avenue west. So like 530 units in 5 projects? Not bad at all.

Taylor Building - 85 units [Cressey Developments]
805-8th-Ave-SW-Calgary-AB-Primary-Photo-1-Large.jpg

Petro Fina Building - 105 Units [People First Developments] (This one's pretty nice, In the document it says the historical elements will be preserved)
image.jpg

View attachment 470519

Eau Claire Place I - 90 Units [Cidex]
eyJrZXkiOiAibWVkaWEvYzUzOGNlMDZhMWJmNGY3NTk1MWY1MDQ3ZTg2MDA5MWYuanBnIn0=

Eau Claire Place II - 195 Units [Pacific Reach Properties]
eyJrZXkiOiAibWVkaWEvMTdkNjU1OTFhMGFkNDA4NTllNzU0MTg2NzUxYzJiZjQuanBnIn0=

744 4th Ave - 55 Units [Institutional Mortgage Capital]
744-4th-Ave-SW-Calgary-AB-Primary-Photo-1-Large.jpg

These buildings seem nicer and better located than the ones in the earlier rounds

Both the Fina and Taylor buildings have a nice mid-century vibe...so I hope they don't go and ruin those facade's with some cheap patterned paneling.

The others, they can do whatever the hell they want with...
That's what I was thinking too. The facades on Fina and Taylor have a nice funkiness to them....just like the sierra building had. I pray they don't do too much to those buildings, but I have a feeling the retained historical element for Fina, will be the stainless steel portico.

That's what I was thinking too. The facades on Fina and Taylor have a nice funkiness to them....just like the sierra building had. I pray they don't do too much to those buildings, but I have a feeling the retained historical element for Fina, will be the stainless steel portico.
Owners are very much leaning into the architectural value of these buildings in the conversions. :)

Owners are very much leaning into the architectural value of these buildings in the conversions. :)
I hope the Fina building doesn't get covered up with that cheap composite paneling they're putting on everything these days.

Hell yes, Fina and Taylor Buildings were the buildings I most wanted to see conversions on. Glad they are keeping the original look on both. Really happy these are being converted.

Next on my most wanted list would the building Barcelona Tavern is in, Elveden Centre, the Lougheed Building, Grain Exchange, Lammles building on 8th, The Telephone Building, the Lorraine, 319-327 10 Ave SW, 322 & 326 11 Ave SW, 630 8 Ave SW, Western Union Building,134 11 Ave SE, 402 11 Ave SE, St Regis Hotel, and Ribtor East and west Buildings.

Back