8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Digital Stock Tape Ticker on Stephen Ave

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 9.07.06 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 9.07.23 PM.png

Theres also a huge land assembly currently for sale a little further west on 26th. I believe its 8 bungalows with 360' of frontage, would love to see some midrises with CRU's.

On that note, 26th needs sidewalk bump outs badly. Pulling out onto 26th from any of the adjacent streets is so sketchy as there are almost always vehicles parked right up to the corners. I have seen the aftermath of multiple accidents because of this

Both the Fina and Taylor buildings have a nice mid-century vibe...so I hope they don't go and ruin those facades with some cheap patterned paneling.

The others, they can do whatever the hell they want with...
The problem for me is I hate that mid-century vibe. Can’t stand Elveden Centre. 😕

The problem for me is I hate that mid-century vibe. Can’t stand Elveden Centre. 😕
I love the mid-century vibe. I wouldn't want the whole downtown to be mid-century, but I find there is more character to that era than the era from the 70's or 80's. When I look at buildings like Fifth Ave Place, Sun life Buildings or 5th & 5th my first thought is, 'did someone actually paid to design this junk?'

I love the mid-century vibe. I wouldn't want the whole downtown to be mid-century, but I find there is more character to that era than the era from the 70's or 80's. When I look at buildings like Fifth Ave Place, Sun life Buildings or 5th & 5th my first thought is, 'did someone actually paid to design this junk?'
I don't mind Fifth ave place, I think it fits for its purpose. If someone asked me what a glass office building might look like, that's what would come to mind, which I guess fits the point that it doesn't feel like it took much thought to design. It's absolutely best to have a mix of designs, and I like having a few of the mid-century buildings as well.
If there's any building type I wish we had less of, it would be all the older apartment buildings with massive above-ground parkades before the residential portion. Looks horrible, has bad street-level integration from a pedestrian perspective, and the towers themselves are not particularly great to look at either.

this is the time in the life cycle when a buildings appeal seem to bottom out, 10yrs later everyones regretting they disappeared.

personally i love those 50s buildings on 8th bc they were done reasonably well.

I don't mind Fifth ave place, I think it fits for its purpose. If someone asked me what a glass office building might look like, that's what would come to mind, which I guess fits the point that it doesn't feel like it took much thought to design. It's absolutely best to have a mix of designs, and I like having a few of the mid-century buildings as well.
If there's any building type I wish we had less of, it would be all the older apartment buildings with massive above-ground parkades before the residential portion. Looks horrible, has bad street-level integration from a pedestrian perspective, and the towers themselves are not particularly great to look at either.
I would probably like 5th ave place better if we didn't have so many other boring twin and triplet office towers. It's one redeeming quality is the reflection of one tower off of the other one, but other than that it's so boring. That said, it the towers were combined into one 60 storey tower I might like it.

I am surprised the Sovereign seems to be taking so long to sell, given that Truman's somewhat comparable projects, the Broward and Gallery on 10th, all sold out pretty quickly when marketed to Ontario investors. I suppose the brokerage really does make a difference.

Back