News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Definitely endorse "Human Transit" by Jarrett Walker, "Triumph of the City" by Ed Glaeser, "Life and Death of Great American Cities" by Jane Jacobs. I would add "Perverse Cities" by Pamela Blais. It is super wonky, and it's about nothing but development levies, tax regimes and infrastructure financing, but I think it is one of the best books about cities you can read, and gets you beyond the fluff of "mixed-use, diverse neighbourhoods and alternative transportation are good" and into the nitty gritty policies and details which too many books about cities don't do.

I'm wondering what they are planning for this block!! It's in an important prime location. Maybe this is the development that Druh tweeted about while back...
The news magazine store, which was located at 604 1st St. S.W., had to close shop as the owner of the Lougheed Building is planning a future re-purposing of the site.
https://www.retail-insider.com/retail-insider/2018/4/billys-news

I noticed all the vacancies when I walked by there a few weeks ago. Hopefully it’s just new tenants.

Really curious what is happening with the Lougheed Building, hope they keep some retail in the bottom, great character space!

Maybe the Lougheed Building will convert to residential. How is it for vacancy after Field Law leaving?

DawsHA0VMAA0dY6.jpg:large

This something i passed by on CMLC's twitter handle. Just a vision layout for east village. For anyone interested.

http://www.crebnow.com/bright-future/
Here's a article on the East Village by CREB. They are eyeing to start sales for Arris next year along with Vibe. One of the things that kind of sucks is they were suppose to have 3 floors of commercial space for the Verve which they replaced with more residential units. I think that sort of move starts to kill the whole purpose of The Riff which is suppose to be a vibrant shopping/restaurant pathway. I'm willing to be patient but I hope they don't start selling the idea of the Riff/Eve block short due to the present economy, it is one of the most exciting things for me in the east village master plan that I'm looking forward to.

DawsHA0VMAA0dY6.jpg:large

This something i passed by on CMLC's twitter handle. Just a vision layout for east village. For anyone interested.

That's been at the East Village Experience Centre for years. It's a really great model, they update it periodically as new projects pop up.

Back