News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Agreed, I'm fine with 30-35 storeys as long as something gets built, the design doesn't suck and it brings more people to the area.

Interesting article in the Herald yesterday. Seems like a review of all announced/rumoured projects around Calgary
“It is also important to note that today about 40 per cent of Calgary’s new homes are being built in established neighbourhoods.”

I know ‘we’ believed enabling zoning could get us close to the 50/50 split over time, but this is an amazing accomplishment and far earlier than I think ‘we’ expected. ‘We’ being old timers from when PlanIt was being debated.

I’m excited to see that the Marda Loop Co-Op development is going to be a partnership with Truman. I thought we’d see something official a lot sooner given the accidental sneak peak we got, so hopefully we really do see it this spring.

Some Info

awfjwfoaojf.PNG

Patience... it will be worth the (now not so long) wait:
There was a conceptual drawing floating around, and was posted on this site, but I can't find it. I'll have to do a bit more digging....

Edit: So I did some digging and I recall now that there was a concept drawing, but the developer had reached out and asked that it not be posted on-line, so it was taken off of SRC and off of Reddit, where I had also posted it. I'm hoping there will be a DP out for that site and we'll get a look at a design.

Last edited:

Back