News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Took at Stroll down the new and improved 18 st. in Marda Loop. Looks really good, nice road treatment and traffic calming
1000019175.jpg
1000019178.jpg

Then had to check out Leonard Group's "Elizabeth Square" development. This little renovation/development might be one of my all time favorites, great street presence and immaculate vibes. Looks like DOP will occupy the cozy subterranean level. A number of the CRU's are already occupied
1000019179.jpg
1000019180.jpg

1000019182.jpg
1000019181.jpg
1000019185.jpg
1000019186.jpg
1000019190.jpg
1000019189.jpg

Attachments

• 1000019181.jpg
    1000019181.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 9
Noticed a Land Use for this parcel by the firehall near MRU. Wonder who owns it and if they're changing the land use and then flipping the property or if this is for something the owner is working on?

They're requesting designation of this property from 'DC Bylaw 141D2019' to 'MU-1 f3.0h32' to allow for:
  • a mixed-use development comprising of commercial and residential dwelling units in street-oriented buildings throughout the site;
  • a maximum building height of 32 metres;
  • a maximum building floor area of approximately 161,670 sq.m. to occupy a parcel size of 5.39 hectares (current DC District allows a maximum building floor area of 86,224 sq.m); and
  • no maximum density requirement (current DC District allows a maximum density of 165 dwelling units per hectare, approximately a maximum of 889 dwelling units).

1724347492184.png

Noticed a Land Use for this parcel by the firehall near MRU. Wonder who owns it and if they're changing the land use and then flipping the property or if this is for something the owner is working on?

They're requesting designation of this property from 'DC Bylaw 141D2019' to 'MU-1 f3.0h32' to allow for:
  • a mixed-use development comprising of commercial and residential dwelling units in street-oriented buildings throughout the site;
  • a maximum building floor area of approximately 161,670 sq.m. to occupy a parcel size of 5.39 hectares (current DC District allows a maximum building floor area of 86,224 sq.m); and
  • no maximum density requirement (current DC District allows a maximum density of 165 dwelling units per hectare, approximately a maximum of 889 dwelling units).

View attachment 590081
I believe it is owned by Quadreal, and it will be a real (and very large) project. I haven't created a thread for it, since it is just land use right now, but expect something pretty big. Not sure of their timing beyond the land use though.

View attachment 590081
Few things. how do you do street-oriented commercial and multi-residential units with these big-ass streets that surround the site? I assume you orient active uses internally? A consistent problem of mobility overclassifying streets and designs that place automobility first and everything else as an afterthought.

Nice to see Quadreal moving on some residential developments here. Wish they would get started on those Eau Claire lands they have been sitting on for some time as well

I hope as the interest rates continue to drop, more and more towers will break ground. A 1%+ drop in rates and the waiving of GST on building products might just be what the developers need to get all these projects going

Seriously ?! 😄

Eau Claire land development would be an event of historic proportions in my eyes.

So much great news this week - Whoooo !!!
I can't speak to their business practices, I am just lucky enough to be in a position where I get a bit of a preview of what is coming down the pipe. But, when you see this line from this article, you have to wonder, what are they going to spend the proceeds on?

• Multifamily: Glenmore Gardens/Elata/Glenmore Heights which bcIMC Realty Corp. sold for $176 million to Boulevard Real Estate Equities Ltd.

Back