News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

That Trump press conference last night was something else, what the hell is going on that he can actually say that shit on live TV.
ABC cut him off maybe 20 minutes in (he had repeated himself at least twice by then) and went directly to their anchor who said it was all a lie.

MSNBC cut him off as well.

Steve Bannon also wants to behed Fauci and FBI Director Christopher Wray, this is getting dangerous and a bit scary. The far right are going full facist now, I'll be amazed if there isn't lots of violence when it's announced that Biden won...

Violence might be tempered by this long delay. More time for people to accept the outcome. Biden has been the voice of calm and reason, but Trump’s accusations and words encourage people to react strongly and some of his supporters are fairly radical. It only takes one nut bar to decide taking out Biden is a good idea.

Annnnd Biden elected with 4.3 million popular vote over Trump, and highly likely having flipped Arizona, Georgia, and North Carolina, among the many others already known. With between 306 and 321 in the electoral college, and 26 states + DC.

This is far from over. There are legal challenges in Pennsylvania, Nevada, Georgia and at least one recount. Trump's cult is lapping up all the conspiracy crap on social media. Some prominent Republican senators and and Trump's advisers are saying that he should fight the result ... in Trump's mind that means making false accusations. The electoral votes have to be made by the states to congress the middle of December so anything can happen between now and then.
Much of this angst by the voting public could have been avoided if both parties and the media managed expectations consistently ahead of the election. Some networks like CNN were pointing out all along that in states where the in-person voting was counted first, Trump would run up a big lead until the mail-in vote (largely Democrat) counting caught up. That is what happened in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. It did not help that each state was different in the way they counted votes. Some states (like Ohio and Florida where Biden ran up an early lead) counted mail-in votes first. Then when the in-person vote (most Republican) was counted, Trump pulled ahead.
The problem is that Trump does not want to factor all of that in. In his mind, he had this huge lead in battleground states when Tuesday ended and the counting stopped until next day. He does not think mail-in votes should be counted beyond election day and so does his cult.

Happy the Americans have behaved themselves since the election and results came out, hope Trump doesn't try to inflame tensions to satisfy his ego. Word is that many in his inner circle (Ivanka for example) are pushing him to concede, hope it's true!

I’m wondering what it will take to get Trump to finally concede. My guess is the ones closer to him will have to convince him. If it’s true Ivanka’s trying to get him to concede, it’s good news as he doesn’t listen to anyone.

I’m relieved that Trump lost the election, but disappointed 70 million voted for him. In the words of Bette Davis ‘ fasten your seatbelts, it’s going to be a bumpy night’ well, bumpy 4 years in this case.

I saw all the streets filling with people and was worried things might get out of hand in some places, which is exactly what Trump would like. Thankfully everything was peaceful and Trump had to zip it.
Happy the Americans have behaved themselves since the election and results came out, hope Trump doesn't try to inflame tensions to satisfy his ego. Word is that many in his inner circle (Ivanka for example) are pushing him to concede, hope it's true!

This is far from over. There are legal challenges in Pennsylvania, Nevada, Georgia and at least one recount. Trump's cult is lapping up all the conspiracy crap on social media. Some prominent Republican senators and and Trump's advisers are saying that he should fight the result ... in Trump's mind that means making false accusations. The electoral votes have to be made by the states to congress the middle of December so anything can happen between now and then.

I understand your fears, but it truly is over, in the sense that Biden has unequivocally been elected to the presidency. Biden is up by over 45,000 in PA with analysts projecting a 100,000 lead by the time the count is finished. He is up by nearly 13,000 in Georgia (which is around 25 X the amount when Bush stole Florida in 2000, and about 43 X the amount that any recount has ever overturned a result). He is up by nearly 37,000 in Nevada which, for a state that small, essentially means it's over. The only state he may lose from this point is Arizona as Shitler's lead is slowly increasing. North Carolina is anyone's race from here, as they haven't released their absentee ballots yet and won't be until Thursday evening/Friday.

Shitler's obstruction of democracy will amount to less than nothing and will only waste taxpayer money.

In funnier news, Biden is about to pass 5 million lead in the popular vote.

I agree with the assessments. Trump has no hope in closing the gaps even if a few thousand votes get thrown out in Pennsylvania, Georgia or Nevada. My concern is the trouble he is bent on causing between now and confirmation of the election results. A good percentage of the 70 million that voted for him are being told ... the "elections was stolen/ it was fraud committed by the 'Democrat-run' cities/it was a conspiracy led by the 'deep state". Whatever Trump wants to say, they will believe it. He will not go quietly and neither will his base. He has brought into question, in front of the whole world, the entire democratic process about free elections and .... the Republican party, for the most part, is standing back and condoning it. How anyone can call that responsible leadership is beyond me.

Last edited:

Back