4.9K     0 

May 03
More up on my site for TMC
53716273197_0b5a2d13a9_b.jpg

53717390218_0bc6ddb92e_b.jpg

53717183366_e8b369912c_b.jpg

53717518754_0bd13c4d23_b.jpg

53717518764_0b5a2d13a9_b.jpg

I would assume that the paint is applied in layers, with brighter colours (yellow/red) applied before lighter ones (white/gray)…
With paint the lighter colours would need to be applied first, with darker colours going over top of that. Otherwise you would get bleed through on the lighter colours, which may affect how they appear.

Dan

With paint the lighter colours would need to be applied first, with darker colours going over top of that. Otherwise you would get bleed through on the lighter colours, which may affect how they appear.

Dan
Agreed, but I find the idea of spreading the VIA logo across two cars very weird, as you can‘t paint the diaphragm…

Agreed, but I find the idea of spreading the VIA logo across two cars very weird, as you can‘t paint the diaphragm…

For the short length of the A on that photo, (if that's what it is), it's a lot of effort for not very much graphic impact.

Anyone care to start a pool on how long before something gets reversed in the shop and the A segment migrates down the train?

- Paul

Dan

Are the details painted, or are they using vinal wraps with one (or two) base colours applied with paint?

I had to assumed when I see different numbers for each end on 3 sets. May 02 with no shots of the 3rd one

Set 1 VIA Rail 2207/2306 Siemens SCV-42 Trainset
53711739646_161032e83f_b.jpg

53710833487_aa439b5fdb_b.jpg

Set 2 VIA Rail 2208/2307 Siemens SCV-42 Trainset
53712074309_ae91c91257_b.jpg

It seems that a VIA Venture coach being finalized in Sacramento has a unique paint scheme (yellow on top and bottom). Any reason why this one has a different livery? Source.

View attachment 563455
View attachment 563456
View attachment 563457

Someone on the Rail Fans Canada server on Discord gave it a try and the results are not very promising:
View attachment 563566
ontario-northlander.jpg

When you look at all the other images,and then look at the one that was on display for the Northlander,it looks more like the Northlander's proposed livery. That small Via Rail is throwing me off though. Maybe it will be on the Northlander trains as some sort of indication of connections.

For anyone thinking this is a Via train, why would it have special livery?

View attachment 563613

When you look at all the other images,and then look at the one that was on display for the Northlander,it looks more like the Northlander's proposed livery. That small Via Rail is throwing me off though. Maybe it will be on the Northlander trains as some sort of indication of connections.

For anyone thinking this is a Via train, why would it have special livery?
As we have started numerous times, this is not a Northlander train because the Northlander trains are only scheduled to begin production this May. The train also has VIA logos, an agency completely separate and not involved with the Northlander.

I am happy you’re happy the Northlander is returning (I am too), but it is a VIA train, that’s the simple, non-disputable, fact.

As we have started numerous times, this is not a Northlander train because the Northlander trains are only scheduled to begin production this May. The train also has VIA logos, an agency completely separate and not involved with the Northlander.

I am happy you’re happy the Northlander is returning (I am too), but it is a VIA train, that’s the simple, non-disputable, fact.
Why would Via have a different livery mid production?
Everyone is speculating on how the markings fit, but no one has given a reason for them to change the livery. That is an additional cost. Why would Via spend the money on that?

Everyone is speculating on how the markings fit, but no one has given a reason for them to change the livery. That is an additional cost. Why would Via spend the money on that?
Not sure, but it isn’t a Northlander set, that is the reality.

You obviously haven't dealt with a marketing department before. ;) This is exactly the change they like to make to justify their 6 figure salaries.

Back