News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Is anybody here experienced with entry back into Canada lately, particularly when travelling with a toddler? Planning a trip for end of January/Early February (so I know things can change between now and then), and looking at the current re-entry guidelines, I am trying to figure out if my son (4 years old) will have to miss 2 weeks of daycare upon return to Canada. Website is not the clearest:

In one part, under the Children and Families section, it says this:
1638460677646.png

But then, if you click on the "qualifies for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption" link and read through, it says this:
1638460972957.png

Does the restrictions in this second part apply to kids who are under 5? If so, what is the point of the quarantine exemption statement in the first part? I tried calling the number to speak to someone about it, and wasn't filled with confidence on the answer given by the person who i was speaking to (feel like they are just trained to say if you are Canadian, you can enter, and if you have symptoms or a positive test, you must quarantine, not much beyond that).

Does anybody here know? Just seems crazy that if you need to leave the country with a child who is healthy, and not able to get a vaccine, upon your return you are essentially put into quarantine, or havnig to take extra time off work because said child is unable to go to childcare, despite being perfectly healthy.

Is anybody here experienced with entry back into Canada lately, particularly when travelling with a toddler? Planning a trip for end of January/Early February (so I know things can change between now and then), and looking at the current re-entry guidelines, I am trying to figure out if my son (4 years old) will have to miss 2 weeks of daycare upon return to Canada. Website is not the clearest:

In one part, under the Children and Families section, it says this:
View attachment 366581
But then, if you click on the "qualifies for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption" link and read through, it says this:
View attachment 366583

Does the restrictions in this second part apply to kids who are under 5? If so, what is the point of the quarantine exemption statement in the first part? I tried calling the number to speak to someone about it, and wasn't filled with confidence on the answer given by the person who i was speaking to (feel like they are just trained to say if you are Canadian, you can enter, and if you have symptoms or a positive test, you must quarantine, not much beyond that).

Does anybody here know? Just seems crazy that if you need to leave the country with a child who is healthy, and not able to get a vaccine, upon your return you are essentially put into quarantine, or havnig to take extra time off work because said child is unable to go to childcare, despite being perfectly healthy.
The exemption you're referring to in the first part is an exemption for children <5 years of age from having to get pre-entry, arrival, and day-8 tests, not exemptions from quarantine. My wife and I made the mistake of booking a trip with our toddler in February before reviewing the requirements. The way I read it, unvaccinated children are obligated to quarantine. I'm hoping the rules will change.

Haha that’s awesome

Last edited:
I definitely have too much time on my hands today. I was looking at that post showing the two different versions of the arena, and how it had 36 likes. I can't think of any other post even close to that except the one below at 24 likes. Any other superstar posts out there?

36 likes
24 likes
Actually up to 40 and 27 likes :)

Traffic for Lake Louise was backed up 2km on Highway 1 Saturday, there's definitely a market for another ski hill in the area! I've heard the investment strategy for Fortress isn't very good, that's one reason they have struggled. Not sure how accurate that is, it's just what "they" say.

Traffic for Lake Louise was backed up 2km on Highway 1 Saturday, there's definitely a market for another ski hill in the area! I've heard the investment strategy for Fortress isn't very good, that's one reason they have struggled. Not sure how accurate that is, it's just what "they" say.
I took today off to take my son to Nakiska, as I knew anything on the weekend would be an absolute zoo. We desperately need more hill capacity for the region. I haven't bothered to go to Sunshine for a few years, have they ever found a solution to their parking issues/dispute they were having with Parks Canada?

Sunshine added another 250 spots in their parking lot to start the year, but that's not a long term solution, especially if they want to expand. I think the decision long term was a parkade at the base of the hill, but that would be a total shit show at the end of the day.

Louise has expansion plans as well, but I think with the overflow they are good to keep expanding with current parking capacity.

I was at Louise on a Saturday a couple of weeks ago (when it was colder, -12 as the high). One thing I really like about Louise, is that despite parking as far away from the base as I have had to in recent memory (think it was row 14 or 15), once we got up on the hill, all those people could spread out enough that we never had to wait in line beyone the first couple of chairs. Louise seems to have great on-hill capacity. Maybe Sunshine does too, but that line-up for the gondola to start the day is probably brutal.

Back