News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Another ice jam on the Bow today. Seems to be occurring a bit further upstream then the last one. The north channel around St Patrick’s Island is higher than I’ve seen since June. No pics of that one yet though.

First pic is the floodable bridge on the island, second is the cove.

4896E8BA-4463-4B96-86CF-16E9F3D1C5F5.jpeg
FD5486B0-35E9-46B2-9546-4DA9DD5B5DE0.jpeg

This one might also be due in part to the city releasing water from the Bearspaw and Glenmore Dams in preparation for tonight’s storm, as it could be worse than currently forecast, and then followed by mild temps for a few days. Though I can’t confirm whether or not the city has released anything from the dams, just a guess.

Ended up being basically no snow, but it is all melting. The water level is slightly lower than yesterday so that’s good.

At least a foot in the core/Beltline. Snow was up to my dog’s chest on our walk last night and she’s not a small gal.

Not bad out here in Airdrie, 8-10” over night but also a couple inches yesterday that I shovelled early. Heard from coworkers living in mahogany and other far flung southern neighbourhood they had like 2-2.5’ of snow. Took them a long time to shovel out this morning.

And then in beautiful Calgary fashion, back above freezing by Saturday 🤣

Back