News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Soooo, Environment Canada is forecasting 30 for Monday. 😵‍💫🤩

I sorta doubt it’ll happen, but if it does, it’ll be by far our latest 30° day ever. Pretty wild that summer is lasting well into the 2nd half of October regardless of what happens Monday. Our first forecast high below 10° isn’t until the 23rd.

Even today, our 2nd coolest high since June, was lovely.

I agree, hence the “I sorta doubt it will happen” part. Doesn’t change the fact that our national weather service is forecasting 30° in late October. Still wild to see.

It was cute while it lasted, but Monday’s 30° has been revised down to 22°, with Tuesday still at 25°.gonna be a warm friggin week anyways! 🍻

Yeah. I remember last year I was legit worried the Elbow would go dry. Next year could be even worse. Not sure how the river levels are so relatively normal right now.

The average high forecasted for the next 7 days is 20 degrees (143/7). Even with the final week of the month being single digits, we’ll likely be ending October with an average high above 15, and a mean possibly as high as 10°. Precipitation below 10 mm. Wild for Calgary.

25.2° and literally not a cloud within 100 km. That’s a spicy meatball!

tumblr_pcfwtsFvlr1xw3jjro3_r1_500.gif

Didn’t snow inner city, but apparently this is Calgary’s 9th latest “first snow” of the season. We wouldn’t have made it to 8th place anyways.

Some other interesting semi-records. Our latest 3-day warm streak ever by a considerable margin… and our longest streak above 12°C in history. It’s also one of our most arid October’s in history.

Last edited:
Was quite a surprise Saturday morning, I expected some snow but not that much! Anyone lose any trees or branches? Lost some small branches off my weeping Birch, it still has about 50% of it's leaves.

Looking forward to double digits by the end of the week!

Pulled most of my ‘special tomato’ crop before the snow hit. Good thing is, their buds are resilient to cold and snow so I can pick the rest when it warms up.
A good haul this year, with a couple if the plants getting up around 8’ in height. By the time all is picked it’ll be close to a full green hefty bag of trimmed buds.
F65AD67A-DB47-4547-835A-645B889CE9CC.jpeg

Back