News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I don't think it's an issue of whether Starbucks coffee is good or not, or whether it is a generic use or not. Reasonable people will have reasonable differences of opinion on that issue. I like Starbucks and I like independent shops.

The simple fact is that there appears to be a leasing strategy to try and bring in some tenants that are unique to the area. They are by no means the first landlord to do this. Unless one is privy to the full financial and leasing details, I am not sure how anyone can conclude (at this point in time, at least) that the landlord's choices are "plain stupid".

Someone at Waterfront Toronto has a good imagination

novQszt.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EaCTVOxv9s

Someone at Waterfront Toronto has a good imagination

novQszt.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EaCTVOxv9s

Good job on Villiers Island and Keating North
Where's the Queen's Quay W/Commisssioners LRT/Streetcar?
What is the plan for the Gardiner...looks like complete teardown...no thought to the hybrid option?
Top centre...Where is the 21 Donway interpretation? Is there any thought to a Broadview extension?

Old Eastern Avenue has FINALLY reopened - from Eastern Avenue to St Lawrence Street. For some reason the short block from St Lawrence St to Lawren Harris Square is not open but at least pedestrians and cyclists can cut through Underpass Park. No sign of Cherry Street reopening, though it has been totally finished for months.

I also noticed that they are in the process of putting on the final layer of asphalt on all the roads in the West Don Lands itself.

This was filmed a few months ago. I wanted to make the video because I wanted to get comments from Waterfront Toronto. Since I just got the run around from them, I decided to post the video now. It's more or less a rant video about the West Don Lands/Pan-Am Village.
[video=youtube_share;JzMYch4G54w]http://youtu.be/JzMYch4G54w[/video]

We champion the arrival of Starbucks, so perhaps all this grey is exactly what we deserve.

South of the tracks there's been work taking place over the last several years which has cut off the trail - it stopped well over a year ago and no activity took place, then I notice it has resumed over the past few months.

What exactly are they doing there, and why was there the giant pause?

South of the tracks there's been work taking place over the last several years which has cut off the trail - it stopped well over a year ago and no activity took place, then I notice it has resumed over the past few months.

What exactly are they doing there, and why was there the giant pause?
This is the Cherry Street Storm Water Facility.

From the December 2014 CEO Report: Cherry Street Storm Water Facility (“SWF”)
The revised building design was approved by the Design Review Panel on October 8, 2014. Construction is currently programmed to begin in spring 2015 with completion anticipated in summer 2016.

Their plans had to be revised when they realised that the developments on Queens Quay were moving ahead quite fast and they needed to increase the size of the facility they had initially designed and send more of the water eastwards (rather than to the Scott Street pumping station.) Full details are at: http://www.waterfrontoronto.ca/explore_projects2/west_don_lands/stormwater_treatment

Is this the old CANARY RESTAURANT?

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 3L6

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 16 127251 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Mar 15, 2016

Project: Restaurant Greater Than 30 Seats Interior Alterations

Description: Proposed interior for fit-up of new restaurant, "Suhko Thai".

There's some conflicting information online about which building is actually 425 Cherry. Some city staff reports refer to the CNR Police/Office building, but sites concerned with heritage designation and history indicate it's the Canary building.

Last edited:

Back