News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Traffic signals are being installed along the new stretch of Bayview, presumably replacing the stop signs. None of the lights are operational yet, and there are still some intersections with signal poles but no lights.

Traffic signals are being installed along the new stretch of Bayview, presumably replacing the stop signs. None of the lights are operational yet, and there are still some intersections with signal poles but no lights.
The poles have been up since before the road opened (and I think any necessary by-laws were already dealt with) and the neighbourhood group asked the City recently why the lights were not yet installed. Now I guess they are being done.

Update 18 October. There are poles and (not yet working) lights up at Lower River and Bayview and poles only at Bayview and Front. The area is well painted with utility locates and they are fixing the corners for pedestrian ramps.

Last edited:
been disappointed that the businesses haven't moved in along with the residents and the students, and have noticed that the developers (I guess?) have taken to posting large banners to attract new business on all the vacant shops. They list the logos for the companies who have already set up shop, as well as some that haven't - like Tori's Bakeshop. Walking along Front, I noticed that the sign for Tori's is still up, but that there is no mention nor indication of the "East Side Meats" that was supposed to go in.

Just wondering what people have heard so far. I see students all the time at No-Frills, and I think its a shame that there's not even a convenience store in there.

been disappointed that the businesses haven't moved in along with the residents and the students, and have noticed that the developers (I guess?) have taken to posting large banners to attract new business on all the vacant shops. They list the logos for the companies who have already set up shop, as well as some that haven't - like Tori's Bakeshop. Walking along Front, I noticed that the sign for Tori's is still up, but that there is no mention nor indication of the "East Side Meats" that was supposed to go in.

Just wondering what people have heard so far. I see students all the time at No-Frills, and I think its a shame that there's not even a convenience store in there.

There's so much that goes into leasing decisions for tenants that it's difficult to draw assumptions about demand without knowing specific details.

That said, the owner of a fantastic, new-ish, family-owned, downtown Indian restaurant told me last week that she had been approached by representatives asking if they wanted to expand and open a second location in this area. It's a very popular, very cool independently owned business, so there's one small bit of evidence that they're still seeking that type of tenant for the commercial space.

No Frills is really pretty close to the WDL and I doubt it can support a full-service grocery yet. A convenience store or even a smaller Rabba would probably be popular and able to survive.

the owner of a fantastic, new-ish, family-owned, downtown Indian restaurant told me last week that she had been approached by representatives asking if they wanted to expand and open a second location in this area.
I live in the area, and would be delighted to have an Indian place close by.

A convenience store or even a smaller Rabba would probably be popular and able to survive.
Absolutely -- the No Frills isn't bad, but it would be fantastic to have some place to grab basics (toilet paper, milk, etc.) actually in the neighbourhood.

out of curiosity does anybody else think it would make more sense to have the traffic at Harris square acting more like a roundabout rather than the convoluted no left/right turn traffic light setup thing going on? seems it would fit both the function and intent of the area pretty well.

I think this is the Canary Restaurant building.

Building Application Status
clear.gif

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 1G9

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 17 128074 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Mar 13, 2017

Project: Bank Interior Alterations

Description: proposed interior alterations to create a "TD Bank" - 457 Front St E

BA Zoning Review Not Started
Zone 3 South District - Central Plan Review

Back