• The end of the world

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • A change in human consciousness or society

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Nothing

Votes: 50 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
December 21, 2012? It's really close to Christmas, so maybe lots of people will go shopping and therefore drive the economy up? Sarah Palin admits to the world that being the average Joe/Jane the Plumber isn't that great, after all?

What will happen? The current calendar system will be deemed obsolete, since it's obviously not 2012 if the world hasn't come to an end :p.

I'm having some form of deja vu. Didn't this happen in 1999 for the 2000 new millennium? And then again in 2000 for the REAL new millennium in 2001? And in 666? and 1666? And just about every year that has some sort of random significance which always turns out the same.....to mean nothing. Like come on, don't you think 2166 will be worse? Or 2666? Or even worse, the year 6666. Shocking I know, that the year 6666 will be worse than 2012.

^^ To the Chinese, 4 is a bad number because it is pronounced similarly to death (almost homophonic). They're currently in year 4707, so they've been dealing with a superstitious year number for 707 years straight. yeesh!

i heard that in the year 4077, trapper john is supposed to come back.

the END of Western Civilization ! ! !

US President Barack Obama and VP Biden die, and Sarah Palin becomes President.

the END of Western Civilization ! ! !

US President Barack Obama and VP Biden die, and Sarah Palin becomes President.

I thought the cycle was supposed to bring something good? Sarah Palin becoming President isn't exactly GOOD, nor would it really change society. It'll just make the entire world dumb and dumber. OR, maybe certain parts of the US will break away.....hmmmm....

Giant Space Ants will enslave the Earth.

And I, for one, welcome our new Insect overlords.

EDIT: That was just too hilarious a scene not to post the whole quote:

"One thing is for certain: there is no stopping them; the ants will soon be here. And I for one welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted TV personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves."

I thought the cycle was supposed to bring something good? Sarah Palin becoming President isn't exactly GOOD, nor would it really change society. It'll just make the entire world dumb and dumber. OR, maybe certain parts of the US will break away.....hmmmm....
It'd be cool if we could convince the entire West Coast to join us. :rolleyes:

"One thing is for certain: there is no stopping them; the ants will soon be here. And I for one welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted TV personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves."

thank you kent brockman

I don't understand why people talk about the Mayan calendar as though it matters. I'm glad they were good at astronomy and simple mathematics, but in the end it's just as arbitrary as any other calendar or dating system. Unless it's determined they could/can actually predict the future (current Mayans cannot btw), anyone that gives any credence to this junk should be shunned.

Does anyone here actually know someone who truly believes this prophecy has merit? I know several people that believe in one or more of the following: biblical apocalypse, FEMA/NWO take over, 911 inside-job, faked moon landing, flu-shot mind control, government-caused HIV, something about chemtrails, etc...but not a single 2012 believer to my knowledge.

My mistake... apparently 4 respondents so far do believe this tripe.

Is there a way I could get their info so they can be properly shunned?

Back