News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Will the Liberals win every seat in Toronto again?

• Yes

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 51.3%

• Total voters
Of course this opportunistic vulture isn't going to step down. One look at his resume makes that clear.

He won solely due to party affiliation, and that is something the local voters in the riding will have to live with.

On the bright side, he is unlikely to ever qualify for MP pension.

AoD

On the bright side, he is unlikely to ever qualify for MP pension.

AoD

You know, if he resigned tomorrow, he's entitled (fairly or otherwise) to a lump sum payout of $92,500 just for being elected. (six months of an MPs salary).

If he stood any chance of getting another decent job, or running a successful business (and not getting sued by his partners)...... ..

That might one of the best pay days ever.

Get hired, quit within a week, get a payout that would annualize at 4.8M for a week's work......

Good deal if you can get it.

LOL. He's not going to make any friends in politics with that kind of tone-deaf public defiance against his own party's demands that he step down.

Not his party anymore. They kicked him out, so why should they get to tell him what to do?

You know, if he resigned tomorrow, he's entitled (fairly or otherwise) to a lump sum payout of $92,500 just for being elected. (six months of an MPs salary).

If he stood any chance of getting another decent job, or running a successful business (and not getting sued by his partners)...... ..

That might one of the best pay days ever.

Get hired, quit within a week, get a payout that would annualize at 4.8M for a week's work......

Good deal if you can get it.

I think this is Vuong’s end game. Pretty sure he needs to get sworn in at Parliament first before he can cash out.

There's a petition circling now in the riding to pressure Vuong to resign. Many in the community are outraged.

There's a petition circling now in the riding to pressure Vuong to resign. Many in the community are outraged.
I am yet again going to be a dissenting voice here. He has not be convicted of any crime and he was selected for the election. There is no doubt Vaughan had his ducks in a row when he announced publicly that he wasn't seeking re-election. Mr Montrealer thought Vuong was a good bet so here we are. I am a feminist and a constituent - I don't want him to resign, I want him to go to Ottawa and shove those damned arrogant paper-pushers into the mud that they created. This is the biggest city in Canada. More immigrants want to come here than anywhere else. And yet we are treated like nothing but an expendable chess piece. This is not about money it is about respect. And before anyone starts saying where there is smoke there is fire two words - Jiam Ghomeshi. Criminal charges yes, conviction no and no one came out looking good.
Another 2 words - Patrick Brown, whose downfall was percipitated by a clumsy pass from years ago. His only mistake was doing it to a young woman who ended up with Caroline Mulroney as her mentor in college. And guess who ran for the leadership left vacant? I am sick of these machinations and their media co-conspirators.
Even here in Toronto we don't have any sort of recall unless there is a criminal conviction. Considering the creaking wreck that is our judicial system Mr Vuong could be of retirement age before anything concrete comes to pass. And remember Trudeau swearing he would reform the Senate to created accountability? What happened to that? He likes the shiny objects, well here's a shiny turd on his face! A $600m turd!!!!!
Sorry, for the long reply I get really steamed up sometimes.
I say go to Ottawa and make them work for our support(parliament) this is an opportunity not for Vuong but for Toronto, pardon the pun, but screw them, screw them all!
Now if you will excuse me, I have to go lie down......

Bravo seems like a strong candidate, but she has had so many runs for elected office, and always come up short........

No reflection on her........but maybe this isn't gonna happen for her......

(she sure got close)

Maybe, just maybe, when all those old Italian and Portuguese families north of St. Clair finally move on…

The numbers remain difficult for anyone progressive – a generic, invisible Liberal will win big in every poll along Rogers Road. The condos at Queen & Gladstone are a wash – full of young renters who should vote progressive, but probably don’t bother or just vote Liberal out of habit or fear.

I'm disappointed that the NDP lost Davenport by a nose. I think it's good to have at least one opposition MP from Toronto, rather than another backbencher.

I'm disappointed that the NDP lost Davenport by a nose. I think it's good to have at least one opposition MP from Toronto, rather than another backbencher.

You can be a backbencher, but also be a very good constituency MP. The Liberal in Davenport was not one of those.

The NDP did well in Davenport and Parkdale-High Park and are surely good targets for next time. The west end is clearly the most left-wing part of the city. Spadina-Fort York also saw a big shift to the NDP (exceptional circumstances).

Danforth is also no longer "special" for the NDP. The residual Layton effect has faded away and it votes as you'd expect in the era of Justin Trudeau. No improvement there.

The NDP did well in Davenport and Parkdale-High Park and are surely good targets for next time. The west end is clearly the most left-wing part of the city. Spadina-Fort York also saw a big shift to the NDP (exceptional circumstances).

Danforth is also no longer "special" for the NDP. The residual Layton effect has faded away and it votes as you'd expect in the era of Justin Trudeau. No improvement there.

Indeed. Prior to Election Day I would have put Danforth over High Park as a pick up for the NDP, although I was only predicting Davenport to flip.

Toronto Danforth has always been a provincial stronghold for the NDP. Riverdale has been represented by an NDP MPP since the 60s and in 2018 Peter Tabuns won the riding with one of the largest pluralities in the province.

If Vuong were to step down it would set a dangerous precedent by creating an open invitation to manufacture bogus charges against political opponents in future elections.

Back