News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

We were told that the first move-in date is March 1. It's coming up!

We went for our PDI a week or so ago. Tony was nice and made notes of the minor things that needed fixing. I would recommend those who have yet to go for their PDIs to insist on writing their own notes on the PDI form. This will ensure that everyting you noted will be put in writing. When it comes time for you to review your list at the end of the PDI and to sign-off on it, it's easy to forget what you've pointed out while walking through your unit...and with only 1 hour for the inspection, you can't be sure that it was all written down. Eg. Not sure if this was intentional, but we mentioned how our laminate flooring in one area looked a little uneven, but it was never noted on the list by Tony. Then again, we always have 30 days to bring up anything new we notice after moving in.

Anyone have a Donlands Alternate model? We notice that the bathroom door from the living room is not your standard-sized door. It measures 22" wide, and looks like a door to a linen closet! We pointed that out, and even Tony agrees that it was probably a mistake and that other people have made complaints too. Unfortunately, Tony says there is nothing that they can do about that. I'm quite petite, and I still found that I had trouble walking straight in...so I feel sorry for those with "wider shoulders" :p

Another thing we noticed...after the fact...was that the bathroom counter was missing siding on one wall. We notice that the model suite did have siding on all 3 sides to protect against water damage. We will need to point this out after moving in if it hasn't been already fixed.

Nevertheless, we're excited about moving in!

Hi all

Has anyone revived a letter from malvern condo property management,look like there the bosses who we talk to now, and we have to set up appointments to use the elevators for furniture,thing is I have no clue when to book yet,I wonder how far in advance do they need?

Anyone else get these letters

Thanks Nels_TO for your picture, for the cabinet on top of fridge, they were trying to charge more, and it looks to me that it is actually pretty small. Also I think I pick the same color scheme as yours :) it looks good so I'm relieved lol

Hi All,

Just wanted to share some pictures from our recent PDI, and a few from the model suite (mirror images of the actual to reflect our own unit's configuration).

Note the hallway picture was of the 2nd floor.

Cheers!

Yup, that's why I glad that I found this thread here at Urban Toronto :)
I didn't realize there are more and more posts here daily, that's great! I have to check back often lol.

Hi Marco,

It thik it is great for us to keep track of all our experiences too! If this forum didn't exist then I would never know that other people have been experiencing the same (or similar) things as I have. I'm pretty sure that the closing dates we're given after our PDIs will stick. Norstar will have to pay penalties if they delay after that.

I agree with you about the decorated units too. I would rather imagine my own furniture in there!

Ouch, I go for the OTR mounting, I guess that's a bad decision... losing the free hood and have to pay for the mount.

I don't think that it was an under the table deal. It's a bad PR if the ranting continues, I guess. We got a free range hood. It was unexpected, not much but we'll take it.

Pull a mango and see what falls from the tree this time lol. I wonder what CFM rating that range hood is, if it is under 300 then I made the right decision of getting the OTR, if more than 600 then maybe not.

Apg

Why did u get a free hood?,and the range hood has to come with the stove,it's a fire and safety violation if it does not, was i lied too :> nooo never, but the lady at the upgrades told me so it must be true :| .Did anyone else not get told that? And maybe I should pull a mango 3,if I'll get free stuff lol

Ouch, I go for the OTR mounting, I guess that's a bad decision... losing the free hood and have to pay for the mount.

What's Otr mounting?is that different than the normal fan range? I never went with the microwave over the stove bc it looks like the room between them looks small,not the counter space is huge lol

the mounting is the frame that hangs your OTR microwave on top of your stove.

I like bigger counter space, so I want to use OTR microwave, however there are less choices if you want high CFM. I did find one with 600CFM however I'm not sure if it'll fit in the mount they provide me(the mount would come with the power outlet that needed for the microwave), if not, I'll have to install another mount that'll work with it.

the OTR microwave actually is pretty big, and since it is lower, it would perform better because it is closer to food source. But occasionally I did do some frying, so it is necessary to have one that's at least 600cfm. 200-300 simply isn't enough, it is for light cooking.

At current place I have counter top microwave, and it take up too much counter top space I wish I could hang it somewhere lol. However if you remake your cabinet to hold a counter top microwave is another option, but I find that the best use of space is to put it on top of the stove, but many others hate it, as the fan doesn't perform well, and cleaning up is difficult.

What's Otr mounting?is that different than the normal fan range? I never went with the microwave over the stove bc it looks like the room between them looks small,not the counter space is huge lol

I received my letter today too. To use the elevator for moving, they want a $150 refundable deposit. So we should all be careful moving our stuff in, or else we'll lose $$$.

Hopefully there is no fine print saying "you lose your deposit if any dust / fingerprint / hair / anything found inside elevator" lol

I got the letter today too, and it is not even in a sealed envelope!

I received my letter today too. To use the elevator for moving, they want a $150 refundable deposit. So we should all be careful moving our stuff in, or else we'll lose $$$.

Back