News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I was told that it is better to move "after" the tentative closing day, the building manager told me that it is the day they give you your key to your condo, she suggested me to move after that day, I wonder why though? Is that common?

Maybe she just meant that you likely get your key on a weekday and it's easier to move in the evenings or on the weekend. I'm not sure.

Maybe she just meant that you likely get your key on a weekday and it's easier to move in the evenings or on the weekend. I'm not sure.

I don't think anyone is moving in on the weekend,anyone inquire about renting additional time for the elevator at a later time,why I say that is just say the furniture company or ect calls you and says we can't come until after the time you have booked?

The letter from Malvern stated that the elevator is available 9:00 am till 5:00 pm Monday - Sunday, so I think it is available 7 days a week. sometimes they might ask to "squeeze in" for the appliance delivery, and the building manager would check the evelator before/after they move, of course they'll have to get the permission from the person who booked the time slot. Typical moving for appliance/soft is about 15 minutes to half an hour. This happened to the Condo I lived before.

I don't think anyone is moving in on the weekend,anyone inquire about renting additional time for the elevator at a later time,why I say that is just say the furniture company or ect calls you and says we can't come until after the time you have booked?

She told me that I can get my key as early as 9:00 am that day, if all paperwork is done and Norstar gave her "ok" to give me keys.

Hi Bloomingsmurf,

I don't need to know the details, but have you received the occupancy fee amounts from your lawyer yet? I haven't, and our moving date is close to yours. I'll check with mine tomorrow.

Oh by the way, it is confirmed by the building manager that the first move in is March 1st.

Those who have upgraded their appliances might face an issue. Even you told appliance canada your elevator book time, they do not guarantee it'll be delivered at that time. Espically if those move in at the same day, and all have upgraded appliances, they will only make delivery to the location "in one go" that means if they deliver early in the morning, and your book time is in the evening, you'll have to ask those whos' moving to let you use the elevator to move appliances to your unit.

Also, I face another issue that I told Tony my final choice of appliances, about 2 months ago(2nd time after initial choices). He told me over the phone confirming the price and the model #, and told me to come back one month before move in to do final paperwork(I was asking to go in right away to finalize it, but he told me there is no need). Then at my recent visit to finalize the list, he told me that I did not told him to finalize it and those appliances are more expensive now. I guess another lesson learned, that you should NEVER take a sales's word as it is, you have to get it written ON PAPER. Thankfully I have emailed him at that time to prove my words, after he found my email, he only agree on one item with previous price, and I have to pay extra $150 for the other item.

For those that plan to upgrade, make sure you get everything written on paper and do not just take their words, "trust no one unless it is written on paper and signed" lol

Those who have upgraded their appliances might face an issue. Even you told appliance canada your elevator book time, they do not guarantee it'll be delivered at that time. Espically if those move in at the same day, and all have upgraded appliances, they will only make delivery to the location "in one go" that means if they deliver early in the morning, and your book time is in the evening, you'll have to ask those whos' moving to let you use the elevator to move appliances to your unit.

Also, I face another issue that I told Tony my final choice of appliances, about 2 months ago(2nd time after initial choices). He told me over the phone confirming the price and the model #, and told me to come back one month before move in to do final paperwork(I was asking to go in
right away to finalize it, but he told me there is no need). Then at my recent visit to finalize the list, he told me that I did not told him to finalize it and those appliances are more expensive now. I guess another lesson learned, that you should NEVER take a sales's word as it is, you have to get
it written ON PAPER. Thankfully I have emailed him at that time to prove my words, after he found my email, he only agree on one item with
previous price, and I have to pay extra $150 for the other item.

For those that plan to upgrade, make sure you get everything written on paper and do not just take their words, "trust no one unless it is written on paper and signed" lol

Hey Marco

Wow that's sad,Wat a screw up place,we told appliance Canada that we have our elevator time from 1-4 and they said we only deliver to scarbrough in the morning, but they said we will come at our time,we did no upgrades just basic

I guess we'll have to rely on building manager to keep her eyes on our appliances lol for a few hours.

Hey Marco

Wow that's sad,Wat a screw up place,we told appliance Canada that we have our elevator time from 1-4 and they said we only deliver to scarbrough in the morning, but they said we will come at our time,we did no upgrades just basic

Hi guys,

What I don't understand is that why we have to book a the elevator for the appliance delivery, considering that we don't have any control over the vendor's delivery time.
We are getting annoyed on how Norstar is treating us, for the lack of customer service.
Our tentative moving date is on March 18, until now we have not received a final confirmation notice. We contacted Norstar and been told that their lawyer will contact our lawyer. Contacted our lawyer and told us that he have not received any communications from Norstar's lawyer nor any update to their website as our lawyer was given a password to access the site. Norstar does not have any regards to the people who bought the unit at wilshire, they only think of their bottom line. I can't wait to get out of this horrible nightmare.

They only want convenient for themselves, they do not care about their customers, even standard appliances we have to deal with Appliance Canada for delvery, most of my friend's experience is, standard/upgrade are all installed when they move in, if not installed at PDI date. We have to pay for installations too. They transfer all the hassle that they should taken care of to us, so they won't be responsible if anything happened during delivery. It is smart for them and save them time and money, but I do not see good "customer service" from them as well, they're suppose to have better service after they save man power to deal with appliances, but no, all those money they saved to hire someone to deal with this goes to their own pocket.

Hi guys,

What I don't understand is that why we have to book a the elevator for the appliance delivery, considering that we don't have any control over the vendor's delivery time.
We are getting annoyed on how Norstar is treating us, for the lack of customer service.
Our tentative moving date is on March 18, until now we have not received a final confirmation notice. We contacted Norstar and been told that their lawyer will contact our lawyer. Contacted our lawyer and told us that he have not received any communications from Norstar's lawyer nor any update to their website as our lawyer was given a password to access the site. Norstar does not have any regards to the people who bought the unit at wilshire, they only think of their bottom line. I can't wait to get out of this horrible nightmare.

Also, I face another issue that I told Tony my final choice of appliances, about 2 months ago(2nd time after initial choices). He told me over the phone confirming the price and the model #, and told me to come back one month before move in to do final paperwork(I was asking to go in right away to finalize it, but he told me there is no need). Then at my recent visit to finalize the list, he told me that I did not told him to finalize it and those appliances are more expensive now. I guess another lesson learned, that you should NEVER take a sales's word as it is, you have to get it written ON PAPER. Thankfully I have emailed him at that time to prove my words, after he found my email, he only agree on one item with previous price, and I have to pay extra $150 for the other item.

Yikes, sorry to hear about your latest ordeal, Marco. Nothing seems to be easy and straight forward. All the headaches are being passed on to us. Our collective patience will be tested, so we'll have to try to keep calm and let things happen as they come.

Back