News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Argh! They're so annoying with waiting until the last minute to release keys, aren't they? Congratulations though!!! What floor are you on Nels?

Thanks, bloom. We're on the 3rd floor. Our unit was clean, and it looked like most of the deficiencies we had on our PDI had been fixed. We'll have to double-check the original list and watch out for other items over the next 3 weeks. The underground garage is very brightly lit, which was nice. Our locker wasn't anything special - it's in the steel caged area, unlike some that look like they're confined to a more private area behind another door. I wonder how they assigned lockers - most will get the steel cage locker, and some get a more private space.

Bloom - has Appliance Canada called you to confirm your delivery?

OEW - the package that Alexandra gives you with the keys - there's only an offer from Bell.

Also, we were told that Canada Post will begin mail delivery next week. I think all the mailboxes are now clearly marked with the unit numbers. It wasn't so when we dropped by last Sunday.

And, they're now planning 4 moves per day, instead of the 3 that they've been doing since they started.

Cheers, everyone.

Nope. I'm going to call right now. I believe there is a clause on the back of the receipt that says if they don't call you, you are responsible for calling them. Nice eh? Anyway, I'm not risk not getting my appliances because of one of their lame loopholes.

Bloom - has Appliance Canada called you to confirm your delivery?

New update bloomingsmurf,

I did my PDI and I asked Tony, he told me that they will put something on the side wall(cabinets) that would hold it, he told me that one of the unit at 2nd floor have that installed and so it works great. Also as usual, Tony is very informative and he basically did the PDI for me lol and he found more items than I do, I pretty much found the missing upgrades and he found a lot of other smaller stuff. Also I confirmed with him that there will be no CO2 alarm, only heat and smoke. Those 2 smoke alarms further away from the kitchen, is not connected to the building's alarm system, and the one that's closest to kitchen is a heat alarm and if that one goes off, the alarm for whole building goes off. It is pretty easy to tell as they look different. Also there's a ceiling box for a ceiling light at dining area, which I thought there were none, so everything looks good so far.

Do you think I should report it on my 30 day Tarion form then?

Congrats Nels_TO!

I've done my PDI and nothing much more to update, Tony was very helpful during PDI and nice. I guess we all have to be very careful when it is very close to move in date!

I think agp means if you're late in getting the cheques to your lawyer as well as signing the documents. As AGP pointed out, your lawyer only finds out about your occupancy costs and papers to sign less than 1 week before your interim (occupancy) date. This leaves you little time to organize the cheques and set up an appointment with your lawyer. As long as you see your lawyer at least 2 business days before your closing date, you will be fine. Your lawyer will courier the documents & cheques to Norstar, and then you wait for the phone call to get your keys on your occupancy date.

We're about to get our keys this morning, 1 day late, as we were called after 5pm yesterday with the key release approval.

Hmm. I doubt I can get that fixed by Saturday though. That's when my OTR microwave is coming. :( Oh well! A few more days without a microwave won't kill me, I guess.

New update bloomingsmurf,

I did my PDI and I asked Tony, he told me that they will put something on the side wall(cabinets) that would hold it, he told me that one of the unit at 2nd floor have that installed and so it works great. Also as usual, Tony is very informative and he basically did the PDI for me lol and he found more items than I do, I pretty much found the missing upgrades and he found a lot of other smaller stuff. Also I confirmed with him that there will be no CO2 alarm, only heat and smoke. Those 2 smoke alarms further away from the kitchen, is not connected to the building's alarm system, and the one that's closest to kitchen is a heat alarm and if that one goes off, the alarm for whole building goes off. It is pretty easy to tell as they look different. Also there's a ceiling box for a ceiling light at dining area, which I thought there were none, so everything looks good so far.

I'm very happy for everyone who has gotten their keys so far! I should get my keys on Monday so I am very excited! :) My lawyer got all the stuff yesterday and I am going to see him tomorrow with the bank drafts and cheques. Like another person had mentioned, the occupancy fee was less than I expected *phew*. Hopefully all goes well on Monday.

Tony was amazing during our PDI also! What a great guy. I'm looking forward to moving in, i'll let everyone know how it goes.

With regards to the appliances - I was told they deliver the day after you get your keys. The girl I was talking to was not the nicest, she basically said "you get them on the 21st, we deliver on the 22nd!" and basically hung up on me! I know Tony from Appliance Canada is off, so i'll call him next week.

Thanks to everyone who have been sharing their experiences!

hey guys

If anyone wants the number to call our bell rep please pm me as if i post it here i will be told that i cant and such,i will give the name and number and the deals that i was given,i did call rogers but they were a lot more.

does anyone know if your are allowed to smoke on the balcony?

appliance canada let me have my delivery later in the week on Friday and my move in date was on moday,but they said they only do Scarborough in the morning,when i needed the afternoon,but don't take no for a answer,and tony did tell me on the pdi that if appliance Canada wont install the appliances (although they said they will)that tony will install it for us

as for the question we are all wanting to know the answer to:when will we stop paying rent? tony told me in june or july.

yes there is no co2 detector as the stove and ac/heat is electric,which makes me wonder wtf does this maintenance fee covers then ugh

i am moving in the first week of april,i am just waiting for my lawyers to give me the OK,and then a race to the clock to get my keys ,as bloom has shown us and some others

lets keep sharing the news

Last edited:
Does anyone have PDI Tony's contact information? If so could you send it to me in a private e-mail please? I'd like to talk to him about my OTR microwave in case there's a problem with the backsplash.

hey guys

If anyone wants the number to call our bell rep please pm me as if i post it here i will be told that i cant and such,i will give the name and number and the deals that i was given,i did call rogers but they were a lot more.

Since bell is the designated provider for the building does this mean that there are satellite dishes at the top of the building? I don't recall seeing any however. Surely they won't be installing a satellite dish in every unit balcony?

Since bell is the designated provider for the building does this mean that there are satellite dishes at the top of the building? I don't recall seeing any however. Surely they won't be installing a satellite dish in every unit balcony?

Hi bruizeman

Yes there is a dish on top of the roof tony and the bell rep told me

Does anyone have PDI Tony's contact information? If so could you send it to me in a private e-mail please? I'd like to talk to him about my OTR microwave in case there's a problem with the backsplash.

I'd also appreciate it if someone could email me with PDI Tony's contact #. I have an issue I'd like to bring to his attention.

Many thanks!

hey guys

as for the question we are all wanting to know the answer to:when will we stop paying rent? tony told me in june or july.

Hi OEW,
That wuuld only be his estimate, since it's the city of Toronto that will ultimately determine when the building can be registered as a condo. Once they assess everything, Norstar needs to correct any deficiencies, if any, before final status is given. After that's done, let's hope we get at least 1 month's notice so that we can arrange the mortgages with the banks and finalize final closing with our lawyers.

I'm sure Norstar will be just as eager to get condo status, because that's when it'll get all their money from our collective banks.

But don't get me wrong you can get Rogers but they were Alot more,when I called 3 different times and I know bell tv looks better than Rogers

Ok, thanks for confirmation oew.

I'm just going with an indoor antenna. The TV signals appear to be quite good at our location.

Back