News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Thank you Nels_TO for the update :) I'm still waiting anxiously for the day to pick up my key, do they give you building access card yet? I know that the access module probably isn't installed yet. Also did they mention how many access card they can assign per unit? I'm still trying to figure out how I can wire all my rooms with network cable through the tubes, as Michael told me that they "should" have that feature on all rooms but I later found out from Tony that only the Living room and master bedroom would have network jacks.

Hi OEW,

The move is getting there ... we got our appliances yesterday; the delivery guys arrived on-site @ 8am sharp. They did 8 deliveries in total, I was told, all in one trip. They were very careful and quick, so I've no complaints; they did a very good job. The fridge and stove were free of scratches, and had protective tape on the stainless steel surfaces. We were told by Appliance Canada to wait 4 hours to plug in the fridge after it's delivered.

There's lots of dust everywhere. Saw a worker using a shop vac throughout the entire hallway - very noisy, but necessary.

That's all for now.

That's total bull AGP,

I just moved in on Saturday! Alexandra told you that? Nobody's there on the weekends so maybe they found some damage and they don't know who to pin it on. That is so lame!

Hi guys,

We got our key this morning. Planning in moving next weekend but we were told that moving is not allowed in the weekend. Norstar and/or the bldg management think that we don't work at all. No considerations considering that we are all ordinary people like them. Work during the week. In the second thought we are not like them. We'd rather deal with our apartment landlord, we might get lucky.

See you all guys in the hallways. Or in our first bldg welcome party.

Last edited:
I can't believe how ridiculous they're being. It's not just a matter of organizing ourselves and getting time off of work during the week. We also have to organize delivery people who give 4 hour windows! That's so unrealistic. I really hope everyone's move goes really smoothy.

I'm starting to think I'll need to take a week off work to move everything from my current place and furniture stores...

That's total bull AGP,

I just moved in on Saturday! Alexandra told you that? Nobody's there on the weekends so maybe they found some damage and they don't know who to pin it on. That is so lame!

naw bull from norstar,cant be ....lol

ya i would not mind knowing about the key cards and ect,if there is any ? maybe bloom may know,is the monitor stystem up yet?

Hi Marco,

When you pick up your key they'll give you a key card and a key fob. They key card and fob open the lobby doors and the fob opens the garage door. You can get extra key cards and fobs made. I believe the package they give you says 2 each but of course there is a cost to getting new ones made. That I have to ask Alexandra. They haven't installed any monitoring equipment that I've seen but that maybe a finishing touch.

As for network jacks. I have only noticed them in the livingroom and master as well.

Thank you Nels_TO for the update :) I'm still waiting anxiously for the day to pick up my key, do they give you building access card yet? I know that the access module probably isn't installed yet. Also did they mention how many access card they can assign per unit? I'm still trying to figure out how I can wire all my rooms with network cable through the tubes, as Michael told me that they "should" have that feature on all rooms but I later found out from Tony that only the Living room and master bedroom would have network jacks.

In fact I alrerady took a few days off just for the move, cause there's no way to work and get this done at the same time.

I can't believe how ridiculous they're being. It's not just a matter of organizing ourselves and getting time off of work during the week. We also have to organize delivery people who give 4 hour windows! That's so unrealistic. I really hope everyone's move goes really smoothy.

Hi Bloomingsmurf,

Thanks for confirming it :) have you have the chance to hookup internet in your unit? I wonder how they wired up network cables as I do not see a central place that those network cables go, as I plan to have wired internet access in my unit on all rooms. If the wiring of those network jacks goes out of the unit, then I will have a nightmare trying to wire all of them to connect to my router, inside my unit.

Hi Marco,

When you pick up your key they'll give you a key card and a key fob. They key card and fob open the lobby doors and the fob opens the garage door. You can get extra key cards and fobs made. I believe the package they give you says 2 each but of course there is a cost to getting new ones made. That I have to ask Alexandra. They haven't installed any monitoring equipment that I've seen but that maybe a finishing touch.

As for network jacks. I have only noticed them in the livingroom and master as well.

Hi Marco,

Sorry, I don't have internet yet and I'm not very up to speed with computers on top of that. I'm not the best person to ask about network cables. :(

Hi bloomingsmurf,

No problem, thanks for the information though. If I get more details on this I'll let you guys know, but that'll have to be after my move in date.
Hi Marco,

Sorry, I don't have internet yet and I'm not very up to speed with computers on top of that. I'm not the best person to ask about network cables. :(

Hi bloomingsmurf,

No problem, thanks for the information though. If I get more details on this I'll let you guys know, but that'll have to be after my move in date.

The connections are in the closet in the bedroom,look for a square that you can open up

Tony will show you in the pdi

Marco do you want the contact info of our bell rep?

That's right! Tony called it "the communication centre" because everthing gets hooked up there. Mine is in the front closet. I guess where the panel is depends on the layout of your condo.

The connections are in the closet in the bedroom,look for a square that you can open up

That's right! Tony called it "the communication centre" because everthing gets hooked up there. Mine is in the front closet. I guess where the panel is depends on the layout of your condo.

hey bloom did alexandra tell you if there is a closed curcuit chanel on our tv for the front entrance?

Hi one eye wonder,

Sure, please sent me in private :) I'm moving my current service though, not sure if they could give me "extra discount" for it hehehe.

Hey bloomingsmurf,

Does "the communication centre" have power plug in there? I need to put a device or two right where it is. I rather it is in the front closet instead on top of the closet where would be much harder to mess with, but well, I'm the unlucky ones that it is on the ceiling of a closet.

Back