News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Hi Maple,

It really depends on how much you bought your unit for. Here's the chart with the fee amounts from the Tarion site:

http://www.tarion.com/Warranty-Protection/Pages/Warranty-Fees.aspx

I too, was surprised that we had to pay for this up front, and not at final closing. My lawyer was just the messenger. No doubt it's because the
warranty coverage begins once you start occupying the unit.

Is this the chmc fee? If not this is first I heard of or maybe I was not listening lol

the mailboxes is to your left, when you enter it from the main entrance. it is a small area on your left, when you turn left(building manager's office on your right)

And yes, seems that most condo's first floor have higher ceiling, it seems 6th floor have nigher ceiling too.

OOPS, just realize that it is already been answered, should've read everything before posting lol

Hi guys,

To those who already moved in to their unit, how & where do you get your mail? We toured the area last weekend and we can't find the mail boxes. We noticed that the ground floor units have higher ceiling than the regular units. Any idea of the occupancy fee?

Last edited:
Congratulations!! I can't wait for mine too :D

Hey OEW,

They called me at 3:45 to tell me to pick up my keys and the office at Wilshire closes at 4! I had my team rush down to the office and act as a door stop until I was able to get there! Considering I work downtown, they are so lucky I was able to make it in 40 minutes! In any case, the story has a happy ending and I GOT MY KEYS!!! Woo hoo! :D

I figure they might need to screw the mounting on the wall, where the "glass mirror back splash" is :)

I don't see this an issue with tile, but for glass, you know what will happen when you try to drill through it without proper gear.

Marco,

Did they say why they shouldn't have installed the backsplash all the way up the wall for the OTRs? My kitchen had the same thing but I'm not sure why it's a problem.

Is this the chmc fee? If not this is first I heard of or maybe I was not listening lol

CMHC and Tarion Warranty are two very different things:

1. CMHC (mortgage loan insurance) is what the bank will have you pay IF your down payment is less than 20%. As your down payment decreases from the 20% total, the CMHC mortgage insurance increases. If your down payment is at LEAST 20% you don't have to worry about this. You can either add the CMHC insurance amount to your mortgage, or you can pay this at the time of closing. Banks will always lend you the money for a mortgage so long as you have CMHC insurance (as long as you qualify, of course). Should you default on your mortgage, the bank gets paid by the government. The bank cannot lose. Again, this insurance only applies to what are called "high ratio" mortgages (down payment is < 20%). For more info, check out:

http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/co/moloin/index.cfm

2. The Tarion fee is what every new home owner pays to Tarion for the warranty they provide. It applies to both freehold homes and condos. As the link will show, the fee depends on the purchase price.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
They respond the next day, I emailed them with my scanned document, as PDF file.

Congrats bloomingsmurf!! I'm happy it worked out and you got your keys on time. One question for you, when you sent in your agreement with encare, how long before they responded to you?

hey Marco,

Did you have a look at any of the apartments on the first floor? I thought none of them are ready yet for us to take a look.

the mailboxes is to your left, when you enter it from the main entrance. it is a small area on your left, when you turn left(building manager's office on your right)

And yes, seems that most condo's first floor have higher ceiling, it seems 6th floor have nigher ceiling too.

OOPS, just realize that it is already been answered, should've read everything before posting lol

hey Marco,

Did you have a look at any of the apartments on the first floor? I thought none of them are ready yet for us to take a look.

That's what I thought also,even though the 1st floor should have been ready 1st, lol norstar.

Hey bloom how's the condo anything new to report?

some of the first floor ones doesn't have door, so when I drop by, I look at inside and you can already feel that it have much higher ceilings. However I don't think many at first floor will be moved in anytime soon as most are not done.

hey Marco,

some of the first floor ones doesn't have door, so when I drop by, I look at inside and you can already feel that it have much higher ceilings. However I don't think many at first floor will be moved in anytime soon as most are not done.

Hey guys

Can anyone confirm that there are smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detector in the uints,I would think they have to under law but like everything else with norstar you have to make sure.

Also are the garbage shoots finished?

And does anyone know if there is a light in the balcony?

Hi OEW,

There are definitely smoke detectors. I haven't noticed any CO2 monitors but that doesn't mean that there aren't any.

The garbage shoots aren't finished yet. They've put a dumpster on the side of the building, outside of the moving room for garbage disposal.

Kooch is right, there are no lights on the balconies.

Hey guys

Can anyone confirm that there are smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detector in the uints,I would think they have to under law but like everything else with norstar you have to make sure.

Also are the garbage shoots finished?

And does anyone know if there is a light in the balcony?

Hi OEW,

There are definitely smoke detectors. I haven't noticed any CO2 monitors but that doesn't mean that there aren't any.

The garbage shoots aren't finished yet. They've put a dumpster on the side of the building, outside of the moving room for garbage disposal.

Kooch is right, there are no lights on the balconies.

Hey kooch and bloom

Are you talking about the dectectors in the unit or hall?

Thanks for the info,any idea on when the garbage shoot will be done?

And this question is for bloom,have you gotten your cable yet? If so who? Bell or rogers? If not do you have any numbers or info for us on this?

Also how is the noise?

Back