News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Hey one eye wonder,

No, they didn't connect my dishwasher. He plugged in the stove for me and told me to wait 4 hours before plugging in the fridge. He said that they just deliver and don't do installations at all.

Is the bell number the one that came with the package Alexandra gives you when you get yours keys? If so, I got that number, thank you for the offer though! Also, did you get a paper slipped in your door from bell with another rep on it? I went home on Tuesday and it was wedged in my door.

To everyone who has moved in - what do you think of the parking and lockers? My spot is far from the elevators, I'm going to be getting a lot of exercise! Lol. Also, the lockers seem strange. Some seem to have their own locker right by their spot, and some have their locker in a room with other people. Wonder how they picked who gets what spot / locker.

hey itslindap

i have not moved in yet,i was mailed that number,and your welcome for the offer,i am a little sick and tired of hearing 50 diffrent storys on does applience canada installs the appliences,i have heard yes from tony and now i hear no,ugh norstar.

did they say why to wait 4 hrs frige in?

anything else new? has anyone recived mail in our mailboxes yet?

also for the people who have the keys?,are they normal car keys? do you really need to give them 100$ for another copy? or can you go to the store that duplicates them?

Hi one eye wonder,

Appliance Canada would do the installation if you pay them, Tony said that his crew can do the installations I think. and for those with "standard", itslindap have her appliances installed by appliance Canada, we can ask her if she paid the installation, if not, then installation is "included" with standard package, and you upgrade, you lose it(I was told by appliance canada that I have to pay for the installation, and I upgraded all of my appliances. For those looking to buy LED TV, better not get it from Appliance Canada because their "floor model price" is even higher than a "brand new" price, with higher model of same screen size. Future shop close to our condo have good price for the one I'm looking at, not sure about other though.

Also for the reason for 4 Hrs fridge in, it is because you need to wait for the chemicals used to cool your fridge to settle, or you'll have problem. This apply to all fridges it seems. Any fridges that has been transported should wait for 4 hours before plug in power.

I believe they key to the garage door is a key card, as well as the main entrance one. Only your suite door key can be made at a keymaker. This is common to most condos now.

hey itslindap

i have not moved in yet,i was mailed that number,and your welcome for the offer,i am a little sick and tired of hearing 50 diffrent storys on does applience canada installs the appliences,i have heard yes from tony and now i hear no,ugh norstar.

did they say why to wait 4 hrs frige in?

anything else new? has anyone recived mail in our mailboxes yet?

also for the people who have the keys?,are they normal car keys? do you really need to give them 100$ for another copy? or can you go to the store that duplicates them?

Hi OEW,

It's the magnetic card key that would cost $100 extra (if Norstar lets you have more than 1). You get the $ back if you return it in good condition. This card opens the common area door locks. Your own suite key can be duplicated at any keymaker, like Marco said. Alexandra didn't mention if you could request an extra garage key fob. This fob can be used at all the magnetic door locks too.

Regarding the lockers - ours is located in the caged, shared space, far away from our parking spot. How did some people manage to get their lockers behind their parking spot??

Elevators

Something odd is happening with the elevators. Yesterday, we noticed two signs posted by each elevator door. The one on the left said "For residents only (or something like that)", while the other said "For Contractors only".

And today, the "residents" elevator was out of order for a short period, at the same time when the 'contractors' elevator was being used as a "service" elevator. Up the stairwell we went :-( It'd be nice to be notified of these things ahead of time. And, we noticed some damage on the 'contractor' elevator - the particle board on the button panel side has come loose, and the protective tape lining the inside of the door is peeling off badly, exposing the metal. These elevators are taking a beating - let's hope they'll survive all the moves over the next 3-4 months!

No wonder I can't find it through postal code, it uses M1L 1Z8, I thought ours is M1L 0E1?

I think the price is alright, since it is 2nd floor.

I was curious too. I found the listing:

http://www.realtor.ca/PropertyDetails.aspx?&PropertyId=10422072&PidKey=-1286609685

Nice unit. What do you think about the asking price? When we went to the sales office a couple of years ago there were no 'Castle Frank' models left in the inventory (according to the marketing guy).

Hi Nels_TO,

I bet during the finishing stage, those issues would happen. I wouldn't use elevator a lot after I moved in, as stairs is much faster and can do a little exercise, hehehehe. Also with Norstar, I think not notifying ahead of the time is normal :).

I really hope they do not damage the elevator or at least they have to make everything look new when everything is done, or those repair money would still come out of our pockets.

How is the progress? have they finish 7th floor yet?

How do you hook up internet at home, Nels_TO? Is it using cable or ADSL? how do you make internet work for the network jack they provided?

Something odd is happening with the elevators. Yesterday, we noticed two signs posted by each elevator door. The one on the left said "For residents only (or something like that)", while the other said "For Contractors only".

And today, the "residents" elevator was out of order for a short period, at the same time when the 'contractors' elevator was being used as a "service" elevator. Up the stairwell we went :-( It'd be nice to be notified of these things ahead of time. And, we noticed some damage on the 'contractor' elevator - the particle board on the button panel side has come loose, and the protective tape lining the inside of the door is peeling off badly, exposing the metal. These elevators are taking a beating - let's hope they'll survive all the moves over the next 3-4 months!

I thought delays were the norm with norstar...lol

Anyone know if we have a "dub line" for the phoneline for people to ring us when they want to come in, meaning it's only used for that reason only so we don't have to get a phone line?

Hey OEW,

There is no dubline. You have to get a land line or cell to connect to the front door.

I thought delays were the norm with norstar...lol

Anyone know if we have a "dub line" for the phoneline for people to ring us when they want to come in, meaning it's only used for that reason only so we don't have to get a phone line?

Hi Nels_TO,

I bet during the finishing stage, those issues would happen. I wouldn't use elevator a lot after I moved in, as stairs is much faster and can do a little exercise, hehehehe. Also with Norstar, I think not notifying ahead of the time is normal :).

I really hope they do not damage the elevator or at least they have to make everything look new when everything is done, or those repair money would still come out of our pockets.

How is the progress? have they finish 7th floor yet?

How do you hook up internet at home, Nels_TO? Is it using cable or ADSL? how do you make internet work for the network jack they provided?

Hi Marco,

I haven't checked the 7th floor out - the elevators would only go up to the 4th floor as of last week, and I haven't walked up the stairwell that high just yet.

I got Rogers cable TV installed yesterday (yep, they do Sunday installs). I'm still looking into internet, and likely will go with DSL. The Bell price plan offered to us requires a 1-yr commitment for internet & 2 yrs for home phone. The Rogers tech guy went into the master bedroom closet and worked on those cables. There are a lot of wires in that "communications box". He then made sure that all my cable outlets were activated. I don't really know how those network jacks work - I guess I'll have to wait until I get DSL internet installed.

Good luck with your move!!

Hey nels did you call the lady for bell that I gave u ?
I'm only committed on a 2yr with a phone and none with the net
What package did you get with Rogers ?

No wonder I can't find it through postal code, it uses M1L 1Z8, I thought ours is M1L 0E1?

I think the price is alright, since it is 2nd floor.

Yeah, that's confusing, isnt' it? M1L 0E1 is the correct postal code. Google maps uses this for our physical location as well.

Back