News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Hey fellow Greeners,

2) The outlets have a sort of odd layer that you have to break through the first time you plug something in. It feels like something crunchy behind the prong openings. Very weird! I highly recommend that everyone tries every outlet in their unit as there is already one outlet in mine whose barrier will not break so I can't plug anything into it. It's really odd!

I think this is just me... but reading that line made me chuckle... quite a bit!

Hi everyone! I have finally gotten my keys and have moved a couple of little things in. We got two sets of keys, fiancée got the key fob and I got the card one.*

Agree with bloomingsurf, the hot water isn't hot at all! it's like cool!

Also Alexandra mentioned Canada post should start delivering mail next week, for now, you have to pick up your mail at a post office at Kennedy / Eglinton.

Found most of the things from the pdi were fixed but a couple of other issues are still around, the trimming at the bottom of the bedroom have been damaged! *there's a big chip in one spot.

Anyone else find the kitchen track lights too hot and bright? We decided to go out and get some led lights from Rona, expensive but worth it! lasts longer and I won't sweat while cooking, lol.

My appliance delivery is supposed to be tomorrow but appliance Canada didn't tell me what time! I called in the afternoon today but they said they couldn't tell me the time yet and will call me later, they never did :( I tried calling again just before they closed but no one picked up. Thank you to the posters who said they do morning deliveries, I'll be at the bldg for 8. Hoping all goes well.

Yeah, bruizeman, we should figure that networking part out. Using the power line for networking? then we can network our condos for some serious file sharing lol.

Now that's just great isn't it... a hub for all the cat5 cables, but no power plugs for the router and NAS??? I'm going to need to figure out this networking thing too Marco if only the living and master has network jacks. At the very least, I suppose I can use a powerline network adapters but I'm not sure how well that will work in a condo.

Congrats itslindap!

I'm planning to do the same for kitchen light, LED light save energy and it is much cooler, I'm changing all my light bulbs to LED.

Good luck with the delivery! Make sure you check it is the item you ordered and if there's any damage to the box. If have time, I recommand to open it and check for physical damage before signing for anything.

Hi everyone! I have finally gotten my keys and have moved a couple of little things in. We got two sets of keys, fiancée got the key fob and I got the card one.*

Agree with bloomingsurf, the hot water isn't hot at all! it's like cool!

Also Alexandra mentioned Canada post should start delivering mail next week, for now, you have to pick up your mail at a post office at Kennedy / Eglinton.

Found most of the things from the pdi were fixed but a couple of other issues are still around, the trimming at the bottom of the bedroom have been damaged! *there's a big chip in one spot.

Anyone else find the kitchen track lights too hot and bright? We decided to go out and get some led lights from Rona, expensive but worth it! lasts longer and I won't sweat while cooking, lol.

My appliance delivery is supposed to be tomorrow but appliance Canada didn't tell me what time! I called in the afternoon today but they said they couldn't tell me the time yet and will call me later, they never did :( I tried calling again just before they closed but no one picked up. Thank you to the posters who said they do morning deliveries, I'll be at the bldg for 8. Hoping all goes well.

Yeah, bruizeman, we should figure that networking part out. Using the power line for networking? then we can network our condos for some serious file sharing lol.

Now that's an interesting proposal! It'll be like the dorm days at school :)

Wilshire DC++ network anyone? hah

LOL I'll be connecting my computers and PS3 to the network, but I think the network over powerline might not work in condo situation, there are some requirements needs to be met. To network whole condo and form an internal network is an interesting idea though, hehehehehe.

I would be interested in this also,u guys going to connect your computer or console?

LOL I'll be connecting my computers and PS3 to the network, but I think the network over powerline might not work in condo situation, there are some requirements needs to be met. To network whole condo and form an internal network is an interesting idea though, hehehehehe.

Wireless it is then,have you called for your Internet and tv

Wireless it is then,have you called for your Internet and tv

I'm trying to use wire connection for any fixed devices, those uses wiressless would only be my laptop and cell phone. I haven't call for TV yet as I would like to try and see how good signal is over there at wilshire, and how much more channels Bell offers (I don't have time to watch TV anyways). I definitely would let you know if I do call and ask for the price.

Thanks Marco!

The LED lights are definitely much cooler and more comfortable for the eyes.

The appliance delivery went well. I got to the condo for 8am, I called Mark at Appliance Canada and he said they should be there around 8:30/9am. The guys came around 9:30, and they were so quick! I think they did two deliveries that day. They took the boxes off everything before bringing it up, and he put everything into place. I didn’t upgrade my appliances, I like the standard ones that came with the place.

And to everyone who is living there already, do you notice the water for showers getting colder? I took a shower last night and it was freezing! And it was on full hot! I left a message for Alexandra. Other than that, it’s a lot of dusting! Lol, it drives me crazy so I am constantly dusting and wiping.

I’m planning on calling Bell later today to see what their prices are like so I will report back.

Hi itslindap,

Hopefully they'll resolve the water issue, since you're not the first one reporting this, I guess what Tony told us wasn't true lol. If they don't resolve this we might have to boil water and put it in the bathtub for now lol. Feels like living at a cottage without electricity and water heater :p

Thanks Marco!

The LED lights are definitely much cooler and more comfortable for the eyes.

The appliance delivery went well. I got to the condo for 8am, I called Mark at Appliance Canada and he said they should be there around 8:30/9am. The guys came around 9:30, and they were so quick! I think they did two deliveries that day. They took the boxes off everything before bringing it up, and he put everything into place. I didn’t upgrade my appliances, I like the standard ones that came with the place.

And to everyone who is living there already, do you notice the water for showers getting colder? I took a shower last night and it was freezing! And it was on full hot! I left a message for Alexandra. Other than that, it’s a lot of dusting! Lol, it drives me crazy so I am constantly dusting and wiping.

I’m planning on calling Bell later today to see what their prices are like so I will report back.

Hi All,

Here's a quote I received for a basic telephone service & internet from Bell:
==================================================================================================
Internet Essential Plus (2Mbps of speed and 2GB of usage) would be $29.95 + $3.95 modem fee = $33.90 per month plus taxes. Discount = 100% free for 3 months.

Home Phone Lite (no features) : $19.95 + $2.98 touch tone/911 fees = $22.93 per month plus taxes.

Please note that when you take TV services your internet prices will be -$5 per month.

==================================================================================================

The 2GB bandwidth for this plan is a joke. But, you can add "usage insurance", by paying an extra $5 for 40GB of additional bandwidth. If you do any kind of high def video streaming online, downloading, etc., you'll need to buy this, or else they charge you more per GB from going over the 2GB limit.

Back