i thought i read in the latest condo guide that the Eames unit started at $320K?

$399k was the starting price for the 30th floor before incentives. The price for the 13th floor after incentives is $327k. I would imagine that ad is for the 4th floor which should be well below $320k.

Last edited:
I hope you're not being sarcastic because I'm getting even more excited. :eek:

I ended up going with Eames. I had my eyes on this unit a few months ago, but at that time it was out of my price range. The price before incentives was $399,990.

The main reason why I'm questioning if I overpaid is because the pricing at 500 Sherbourne is so much lower.

No sarcasm here.
Simply offering up a compliment and a congrats. It is going to be a beautiful building in a great location.:)

so if you didn't upgrade there's no lighting for the room unless you get a floor lamp? is this common with builders I thought ceiling lighting was basic? the quality of fixtures is another story I would understand an upgrade for that but some type of lighting should be standard?

welcome to the reality of new condo builds.

AFAIK, most developers provide an electrical outlet in the ceiling for the dining room only as standard, ... none for LR or bedrooms.
plus there are NO fixtures included except in the kitchen.

The main reason why I'm questioning if I overpaid is because the pricing at 500 Sherbourne is so much lower.

Not to put down 500 Sherbourne, but I dont the two projects are even in the same league.
I'd say X is more in the same league as Casa in terms of appeal, and Casa is bloody expensive (though arguably justified).

Hi:

I have a question, in the x condo features list, it says we will be getting "pre-engineered" flooring. I assumed this would be pre-engineered hardwood, but the decor centre lady told me it is laminate. I am not sure she knew what she was talking about. She said in order to get hardwood, I would need to get an upgrade. So from the standards, will they be giving us pre-engineered hardwood (it says hardwood on my selection list) or laminate?

Hi:

I have a question, in the x condo features list, it says we will be getting "pre-engineered" flooring. I assumed this would be pre-engineered hardwood, but the decor centre lady told me it is laminate. I am not sure she knew what she was talking about. She said in order to get hardwood, I would need to get an upgrade. So from the standards, will they be giving us pre-engineered hardwood (it says hardwood on my selection list) or laminate?

"pre-engineered" flooring could mean laminate or hardwood.
check your Agreement of Purchase and Sale to verify it states 'hardwood' ... if it doesn't then they can interpret it to be laminate, but for some reason I thought I recall hardwood.

engineered flooring

Hi:

Hi Imti,

Well..I just read your comment on the flooring. Was this at your appointment in the design centre or the sales office?Reason being is not all the sales rep in the sales office are up to knowledge with all GGH's offers.But I too must admit, I thought pre engineered meant hardwood here..so after reading your comment I quickly went to our package and..yeap..it only states pre engineered flooring in lr/dining/kitchen and foyer , YET it states "a choice of pre-engineered flooring" so we will have to follow up on this. Thanks for posting...

Hi Imti,

Well..I just read your comment on the flooring. Was this at your appointment in the design centre or the sales office?Reason being is not all the sales rep in the sales office are up to knowledge with all GGH's offers.But I too must admit, I thought pre engineered meant hardwood here..so after reading your comment I quickly went to our package and..yeap..it only states pre engineered flooring in lr/dining/kitchen and foyer , YET it states "a choice of pre-engineered flooring" so we will have to follow up on this. Thanks for posting...

Actually, the features list attached to my purchase of agreement says "choice of pre-engineered flooring". A choice could mean an upgrade to hardwood. It is odd though because the upgrade list that I was given says hardwood. I actually asked the decor centre staff who told me laminate that looks like hardwood. I took a picture of it and it looks like hardwood to me.
I found the decor centre staff rushed me so much and now when I call her to ask her questions, she always seems to be either rushed or does not have time to answer questions. I am quite disappointed with the service the decor centre provided.

I am trying to upload the picture of the hardwood/laminate (?) I chose but it seems to fail.

My first post in the forum. I just bought a Pei unit at the X but unfortunately for me I'm stuck working in the middle east at the moment so have limited information on the finishes. I'm not sure if I'll be heading back to Toronto to pick my finishes when the time comes.

For those that have been to the design centre, does GGH offer slate as an option for tiling in the bathrooms? Do they have an option for rainfall shower heads? The PEI unit has a dedicated shower so I'm hoping that's an option at least for that part of the bathroom.

Any chance anyone can upload some pictures of some of the finishes and upgrades they saw at the design centre?

Appreciate the help.

Last edited:
it sounds like GGH was sneaky by listing "Pre-Engineered Flooring" in the feature sheet ... usually builders would say either 'Pre-Engineered Hardwood' (meaning 1/3 hardwood on top of 2/3 regenerated crappy wood) or 'Laminate Wood Flooring' (meaning photo image on top of regenerated crappy wood)

the fact that GGH showed "Pre-Engineered Flooring" on the feature list I would suppose that was done intentionally to mislead purchasers, where in reality Laminate (Pre-Engineered) Wood Flooring was being offered as standard ... I suspect GGH is offering Pre-Engineering Hardwood as an upgrade option

what may be reassuring is to know is Laminate Wood Flooring comes in a wide range of quality ... there's the crappy laminate wood flooring that Pemberton typically uses in their projects, and then there's the nice grade of Laminate Wood which look as 'real' as true hardwood or pre-engineered hardwood

Thanks for the reassurance Solaris! Isn't top quality laminate flooring also good in terms of noise reduction?

There was the very dark color hardwood upgrade I really liked and they quoted it as $7000 k. Obviously, not worth it.

SS Appliance.

Another question to all; is ss appliances better in terms of resale value of a condo. It seems that ss appliances is a standard these days and could break a deal if there was a similar unit with ss appliances (to compare with). I really think the black or white appliances GGH is providing looks very cheap. They should have provided ss as a standard!

SS is the defacto standard and not having it will definitely affect resale. As for laminate vs. hardwood, in a condo, I'd go with good laminate any day of the week. I had walnut laminate in my last condo and it was awesome and in my previous one I had hardwood and the noise transference issues were large, plus, if you ever have a party, be prepared to ask all the ladies to take off their heels as it will completely destroy the hardwood. I entertained only a few times a year, and in only 2 years, the hardwood was dimpled beyond salvation.

Dt Geek's photo's?

Hi ..is it just me or has the last message Dt geek posted with those excellent photos (with the balconies and railings etc) moved or been deleted? Thank you

Back