News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at that thread last night and all I saw was Towhey saying he was staying out it. Sorry to harp on about this, I'm just curious about his phrasing if he's making a denial. If he said "the mayor never had me in headlock," that would strike me as a Clintonesque "I never had sex with that mayor." After all, Towhey said Rob wasn't drunk at the Garrison Ball, which may well have been literally true.

It's still there. He said he hadn't been in a headlock since high school wrestling.

I feel as if I am confused about the timeline. Did Rob go to rehab before or after this alleged poll that showed Doug was more likely to win? Did it propel him to go drinking in public which led to bad press which led to rehab? Or was he already in rehab and when he heard about the poll he vowed to come out fighting? What poll was it?

Considering well-hab dropped his popularity then it either was a dismal stunt like Cut The Waste or it caused the results, either way it failed. Anyone who has listened to the circle jerk, aka "The City..." would easily notice the bulling from Dougie, and then the reactive behaviour from Robbie. It no wonder Robbie became a bully himself and a purveyor of passive aggressiveness.

Well, remember--a lot of them are probably the sort who stupidly lost jobs, stupidly lost clients, stupidly lost spouses, stupidly lost court cases, stupidly got themselves waist-deep in debt--and they saw "relief in sight" through the Fords. Unfortunately, it ain't that simple, folks...

I've long felt those were the tears of a grifter.

Point taken.

One could never accuse Robbie of not having fun.

I looked at that thread last night and all I saw was Towhey saying he was staying out it. Sorry to harp on about this, I'm just curious about his phrasing if he's making a denial. If he said "the mayor never had me in headlock," that would strike me as a Clintonesque "I never had sex with that mayor." After all, Towhey said Rob wasn't drunk at the Garrison Ball, which may well have been literally true.

Literalizations and semantics, tools of tools; truths are often inconveniences to those who dwell in shadow.

It's still there. He said he hadn't been in a headlock since high school wrestling.

Case in point, a "headlock" in actual wrestling is different from what you see on T.V.

Last edited:
Perhaps Price thought it was a headlock that Ford was doing on Towhey but it was actually a well executed Brutus The Beefcake sleeper hold.

Perhaps Price thought it was a headlock that Ford was doing on Towhey but it was actually a well executed Brutus The Beefcake sleeper hold.

That would explain the lethargic logic.

And most horrifying of all, Doug has a man cave at Deco.

Where he fiddles while Deco is burning, presumably.

Well, judging from Instagram, his family home is probably an excruciating *girl*cave at this point--I can see him privately ragging on about the K's in his man cave...

I agree with those saying that it's a trick. Towhey can say it wasn't legally a headlock because Rob's right foot didn't stay planted on the ground the whole time, or some "wrestling rules technicality" like that. Even that Star piece that evvabeing brought up (thanks for pointing those inconsistencies out, by the way :cool: ) says "tried" to put him in a headlock.

I mean it must be embarrassing for Towhey -- isn't he supposed to be ex-military? -- to have everyone know that an inebriated lump like Rob (though a guy having 100+ pound advantage on you is no small matter) was almost able to get the better of him. ;)

I mean it must be embarrassing for Towhey -- isn't he supposed to be ex-military? -- to have everyone know that an inebriated lump like Rob (though a guy having 100+ pound advantage on you is no small matter) was almost able to get the better of him. ;)

Sometimes people who are feeling a bit paranoid are pretty jacked on adrenalin, which can make people do physically surprising things.

People who have taken a lot of amphetamines or coke can also be crazy strong. Ice and meth haven't been mentioned much in Fordland, but they may still exist. Jus' sayin.

Let's do a few lines and rock up at the ball in grand style. What say? :)

I agree with those saying that it's a trick. Towhey can say it wasn't legally a headlock because Rob's right foot didn't stay planted on the ground the whole time, or some "wrestling rules technicality" like that. Even that Star piece that evvabeing brought up (thanks for pointing those inconsistencies out, by the way :cool: ) says "tried" to put him in a headlock.

I agree that Towhey is bullshitting. I just wonder what the fallout will be, Rob has got to be super pissed off because of all the comments and I wonder if Doug knew everything Price said. Doug denied smoking hash, didn't he? I know Rob and Doug are supposed to be close but they also fight a lot, and now to have confirmation that Rob has been jealous of Doug's success in football etc should make both Rob and Doug ripe for a fight.

Edit: I just watched the video, I didn't realize he admitted to being Dave from Scarborough, Georgetown, Etobicoke etc. that reminds me of the time a guy sounding very much like Rob called a radio station and hung up when the guys questioned him.

Last edited:
A grown man has a "man cave" at his company office where he hosts his bestie - who is not an employee - almost every day. That's flat out weird given that Dave's not a political aide. Purely social, d'ya think?

A grown man has a "man cave" at his company office where he hosts his bestie - who is not an employee - almost every day. That's flat out weird given that Dave's not a political aide. Purely social, d'ya think?

There are no shortage of reasons men might like to do thier socializing outside the home. Leading a double life of some kind or dispising your spouse are popular. Is Price married? Or maybe he missed his GO train?

There are no shortage of reasons men might like to do thier socializing outside the home. Leading a double life of some kind or dispising your spouse are popular. Is Price married? Or maybe he missed his GO train?

Interesting thing I never thought of before: Deco's *really* convenient to GO--just a short-enough walk (or quick pickup from Doug) from the station at Kipling & Belfield. And I think that's the Georgetown line, to boot...

But, yeah--as I suggested: given his wife and daughters, *Doug* probably has the bigger excuse to retreat to a man cave.

Interesting thing I never thought of before: Deco's *really* convenient to GO--just a short-enough walk (or quick pickup from Doug) from the station at Kipling & Belfield. And I think that's the Georgetown line, to boot...

But, yeah--as I suggested: given his wife and daughters, *Doug* probably has the bigger excuse to retreat to a man cave.
True. Occam's razor suggests he finds his wife as vapid and vacuous as she seems in interviews and would rather have a couple pops with his boy in the basement of Deco than head er home.

I just googled the guy. Seems a real peach. Wife filed for divorce shortly after he joined Robbie's staff
She claims he gambled them into a financial hole made worse by a legal fight which they spent 75 grand on and lost. Using the equity on the family home to finance his exploits. This info is 4 years old but it seems like Price might not have any reason to go to Halton nightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back