News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is 311 supposed to do? They are "just" a service that connects citizens to the right department. Your (our) complaint is with Facilities Management or the City Manager.

Correct, and furthermore, perhaps Twitter wasn't the best way to report the illegal signage. If you go through the web interface, you are informed of when the issue has been attended to.

That said, I reported a dangerously decrepit manhole cover on my street, and 311 informed me it was done a while before the road crew finally showed up. So, I don't know if they were reporting the inspection or the fact it had been referred to the correct department.

Correct, and furthermore, perhaps Twitter wasn't the best way to report the illegal signage. If you go through the web interface, you are informed of when the issue has been attended to.

That said, I reported a dangerously decrepit manhole cover on my street, and 311 informed me it was done a while before the road crew finally showed up. So, I don't know if they were reporting the inspection or the fact it had been referred to the correct department.
Yes, the reporting of "completed' by 311 means they have completed it (i.e. reported it to Department x). I have discussed this with them and they are apparently working on linking up their systems so that users can see the progress of a report right through to "real' completion!

The city uses Twitter all the time so if they don't report something as closed it is more on them than the reporter. If you call them with an issue they give a reference # so they should do the same via Twitter.

Does anyone know what "the rules" are if a councilor is on artificial life support or in palliative care, or do we have to wait for them to miss 3 meeting without council's "permission" before they can act? (Yes, I do think Doug could be that devious.)

Does anyone know what "the rules" are if a councilor is on artificial life support or in palliative care, or do we have to wait for them to miss 3 meeting without council's "permission" before they can act? (Yes, I do think Doug could be that devious.)
Three missed meetings for any reason without excuse and you're gone. There is a 0% chance that a valid medical reason will result in an unexcused absence so he's on the books until either he, voters or the big guy upstairs decides it's time to go. Thank you and God bless toronto.

My question is if Dougie acts as power of attorney or executor of Robbie's will the appointment of Dougie or any family member be deemed nepotism? ;)

Last edited:
My question is if Dougie acts as power of attorney or executor of Robbie's will the appointment of Dougie or any family member be deemed nepotism?
Not really, nepotism is the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives or friends. Neither Ford has many friends on Council and none are related to them. Doug made few friends on Council and annoyed most Councillors and, as someone noted above, I strongly doubt that any Fordites would really be too happy to see young Mike there as he appears NOT to be a chip off the old block and might have vaguely sensible ideas. If (or when) Robo departs I bet there will be an election unless he hangs on until not long before the 2018 elections.

Not really, nepotism is the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives or friends. Neither Ford has many friends on Council and none are related to them. Doug made few friends on Council and annoyed most Councillors and, as someone noted above, I strongly doubt that any Fordites would really be too happy to see young Mike there as he appears NOT to be a chip off the old block and might have vaguely sensible ideas. If (or when) Robo departs I bet there will be an election unless he hangs on until not long before the 2018 elections.
Sorry, I left out the ;) at the end.

Screen shot 2016-02-13 at 7.03.10 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-02-13 at 7.03.10 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-02-13 at 7.03.10 PM.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 944
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back