News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Educating our kids is the most important job in the world.

Right now, half of our grade 6 students aren't meeting the provincial standard in math.

This is a crisis.

We need to focus on teaching kids facts, not ideology.

That's why if I'm elected as leader, I'll take issues like sex-ed to parents.

Because public schools should focus on getting kids ready to get great jobs.

Beyond that, parents should get the first and final say.

I will remain firm on this issue.

I have always respected the taxpayer.

I have always opposed the carbon tax.

I will always stand for parents deciding what their children learn at school.

Sincerely,

Doug Ford

Doug Logic:

Maths scores aren't up to standard.
Therefore cancel sex-ed.

Schools should get students ready for great jobs.
Therefore parents will have the final say on what their kids learn.

What an irredeemable clown.

Also, he's lying. He hasn't always respected the taxpayer.
I am a taxpayer (a pretty hefty one, with no deductions, refunds, stipends) and his having had taken a public salary as city councillor was an affront to me, personally. In fact, him proposing to make schooling contingent on parental approval of subject matter is also disrespectful to anyone who pays taxes.

I don't like Wynne and Horwath, but wow do I extremely dislike this joke of a man. I'm only one taxpayer (to put it in his terms) but he's not doing anything to improve my view of his party. If he somehow wins and any PC canvassers show up at my door during the election......oh, man, finer words will have never been spoken. ;)

Educating our kids is the most important job in the world.

Right now, half of our grade 6 students aren't meeting the provincial standard in math.

This is a crisis.

We need to focus on teaching kids facts, not ideology.

That's why if I'm elected as leader, I'll take issues like sex-ed to parents.

Because public schools should focus on getting kids ready to get great jobs.

Beyond that, parents should get the first and final say.

I will remain firm on this issue.

I have always respected the taxpayer.

I have always opposed the carbon tax.

I will always stand for parents deciding what their children learn at school.

Sincerely,

Doug Ford
Ford says what everyone thinks. It is a total disgrace how the Liberal set curriculum has failed the Ontario students. I imagine anyone with kids knows that Ford is telling the truth.

I wonder where the Catholic School Board fits into this. After all, Doug made this pronouncement on the steps of Don Bosco.

I can't speak for anyone but I can definitely say that Catholics are far from being a homogeneous group of people. I went to Catholic public school from start to finish and the spectrum of teachers I met was as expansive as that of society in general. There are a few I remember who are probably miffed about the new sex-ed curriculum (including the old math wiz nun from Gr10) but the majority of teachers I met would see nothing wrong with it. On the contrary, I would say that the vast majority of them would see something wrong with Ford and his use of a school to make one of his idiotic pronouncements (including the math wiz nun...she'd probably slap him...she was one dry-humoured lady).

Ford says what everyone thinks. It is a total disgrace how the Liberal set curriculum has failed the Ontario students. I imagine anyone with kids knows that Ford is telling the truth.

The entire curriculum? How?

Hold on. Doug Ford's diatribe went thus:

Maths scores sub-standard.
Cancel sex-ed.

You said he had it right.

Had the maths part right, I'm guessing. Not the entirety of his illogical screed, I'm guessing.

Correct?

Ok, I'm not qualified to expound on different maths teaching systems, so I'm curious to know what you find so terrible about discovery maths.

Big whoopdeedoo if grade 6 kids can't do math. The math that *really* matters is upper level maths where everything is about discovery. And yeah - we got a problem with the curriculum for years, apparently it's called civics and ethics. I am sure Doug has heard of them. Oops, wait I forgot, he was busy learning "chemistry".

AoD

Last edited:

Back