News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

More cab shots from here. Really hope they start to be shipped south soon, they look great.

F2C0D097-53CE-4EBB-A77E-C30CC736573D.jpeg

Transport Canada would not allow that unless GO puts a K5CA horn along with the K5LA, and GO would never waste money on buying two horns for a single unit.
TC will absolutely allow it. And they have, too.

But on passenger equipment it would need to be paired with another horn.

Dan

TC will absolutely allow it. And they have, too.

But on passenger equipment it would need to be paired with another horn.

Dan
What are the differences between the horns? On YouTube theg both sound virtually the same

While the 2nd horn is much more bearable, it does show how over/underpasses are needed on the system.

While some may think it's a bit of a waste of money, I certainly don't. Besides being both faster and safer, they also result in a quiet neighbourhood.. It's one thing to have to tolerate a train horn every hour and quite another having to tolerate it every 8 minutes at a MINIMUM all day long late into the evening even on Sundays. This is when local communities start to view GO service in a negative light as the noise levels become intolerable. I think the entire RER sections of GO should be 100% grade separated.

While the 2nd horn is much more bearable, it does show how over/underpasses are needed on the system.

While some may think it's a bit of a waste of money, I certainly don't. Besides being both faster and safer, they also result in a quiet neighbourhood.. It's one thing to have to tolerate a train horn every hour and quite another having to tolerate it every 8 minutes at a MINIMUM all day long late into the evening even on Sundays. This is when local communities start to view GO service in a negative light as the noise levels become intolerable. I think the entire RER sections of GO should be 100% grade separated.
Well, really only the Barrie Line has a lot of horn enabled crossings, all the other ones have mostly quiet zones initiated or have grade separations as mentioned.

Well, really only the Barrie Line has a lot of horn enabled crossings, all the other ones have mostly quiet zones initiated or have grade separations as mentioned.
Honestly we should be investing in the low hanging fruit of having the crossings at least upgraded to allow for quiet zones... the horn and the bell is such a draconian and obsolete protocol. Hardly any other railroad in the world uses this apart from NA.

Back