News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Gotta hand it to Smith, how she managed to crawl out of that political grave to grift her way into becoming Premier is astounding.

Anyway, what a horror show. Leadership change of the ruling party should auto trigger an election. Going to be a long year till election…

The one silver lining in this is that there's a good chance it'll make Notley's job easier next year

As long as the UCP stays united and also continues to cater to Calgary, I can't see how they lose - unless Smith makes some serious misteps again.

At this point, I hope one or two strong UCP candidates emerge out of Edmonton - I don't want another four years of 0 influence in the cabinet. Our current ucp member doesn't cut it.

Recent provincial polling showed that if Smith won a majority of pollsters would be less likely to vote UCP in the next election than if any other candidate won the leadership vote. So, with her win, the NDP's chance of winning in 2023 is the best compared to if any other leader won. SIlver linings I guess.

I think the sad thing is, the media will jump on the UCP bandwagon, just like they have in other conservative provinces.

Recent provincial polling showed that if Smith won a majority of pollsters would be less likely to vote UCP in the next election than if any other candidate won the leadership vote. So, with her win, the NDP's chance of winning in 2023 is the best compared to if any other leader won. SIlver linings I guess.

Rural Alberta will be voting UCP and why would Calgary want to change to Notley - with this current government they have had an important ally working on several big files for them such as aviation, tech jobs to Calgary, the train service to Banff that will also include direct link from airport to downtown, and the huge success of funding the movie industry down there. And now the province is even talking Olympics. YYC's office vacancy rate had its biggest drop in a long time and the power is centered in Calgary. No way they are giving that up for Notley.

That's obviously my opinion and I hope I am wrong.

^^^^ It just feels like that -- but that is the precise time for studied voting lest things go south again (triple entendre intended).

Interesting viewpoints from our Premier 🧐

Screenshot_20221015-165929_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20221015-170006_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Our version Trump…….maybe she thinks we can “sanitize COVID out of our bodies” by drinking bleach. They should hang out together……hopefully she doesn’t get her mitts on the launch codes……when is the next election?

Back