News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I'm starting to see more people wearing masks and I'm planning on starting to put one on in high-risk settings. I know a few people who have contracted Covid recently and the more I chat with people it surprises me the number of people who reveal they got it or know someone who did. I friend of mine is just getting over his 2nd bout.

Anecdotally, I am also seeing more masks out and about. I just finished with a nasty cold and have been wearing mine, because it isn’t always nice to share.

Indeed, there are more people wearing them these days. I never stopped wearing an N95 indoors and I am never in a situation where I have to remove it, except for my MRI this afternoon at Toronto General - where there is currently an outbreak, of course, because there is no better place to catch an illness.

I attended a play at Stratford today. I would say about 20% of the audience was masked, bit there were bus loads of school kids so that may skew things.

Haven't Alberta's hospitalizations this year been comparable to Quebec's which had like the most extreme measures in the country?
No extreme measures have been implemented in a long time, and people in Québec are generally more flippant about the whole thing (that's where I'm from, so I understand their mentality). Everything has been wide open for months. Yesterday, Québec even removed the requirement for people with COVID to self-isolate for 5 days, which is particularly questionable considering Québec has by far the highest year-to-date death toll per million in 2022 (592 compared to 317 in Ontario and 373 in Alberta), according to the same dashboard, which also predicts the total death toll for 2022 in Canada will surpass that of 2021 and 2020, and is already far beyond the 2020 YTD figure. But yeah, the pandemic's over!

No extreme measures have been implemented in a long time, and people in Québec are generally more flippant about the whole thing (that's where I'm from, so I understand their mentality). Everything has been wide open for months. Yesterday, Québec even removed the requirement for people with COVID to self-isolate for 5 days, which is particularly questionable considering Québec has by far the highest year-to-date death toll per million in 2022 (592 compared to 317 in Ontario and 373 in Alberta), according to the same dashboard, which also predicts the total death toll for 2022 in Canada will surpass that of 2021 and 2020, and is already far beyond the 2020 YTD figure. But yeah, the pandemic's over!
If fatalities start ramping up, it will be another way that the French language is under siege in Quebec; it's speakers are dying!

China's covid strategy is baffling, it worked initially but they didnt use the two years they bought themselves to put any plan in place. Tolerance for the zero covid approach was already waning before the Shanghai outbreak and omicron is considerably more infectious and less deadly than the original strain that triggered a similar response in Wuhan.
If only China was this aggressive in late 2019 and early 2020 instead of ignoring, concealing and obfuscating the first Covid outbreak. Imagine a Zero-Covid strategy in Dec 2019. We might have a million or more less Covid deaths across the world and a lot less disruption. It’s a bit late now for pandemic theatre.

No extreme measures have been implemented in a long time, and people in Québec are generally more flippant about the whole thing...
Which is why so many of their snowbirds were sneaking back into Canada from the USA when infected, including breaking quarantine rules by stopping their RVs at Walmart on the way home.

Back