So you're not talking about the view from the street, you're talking about the view in that photo which is taken from the street? Right.

And the crystals are barely even started. Those will probably go up last

`
la21.jpg

I'd guess the extra thick concrete wall might have something to do with soundproofing those units which are basically set right up against the theatre portion of the Sony Ctr. Also it could have something to do with strengthening where the 2 buildings meet. The section in the middle I'm not sure, but do we know where the elevator core is on this one? (I'm too lazy to look back in this thread)

Soundproofing/fireproofing was my thought too. That's probably the reason. I'm sure the other area will be covered anyway, and we won't know the difference that that area is concrete or units.

So you're not talking about the view from the street, you're talking about the view in that photo which is taken from the street? Right.

And the crystals are barely even started. Those will probably go up last

You're right. In my mind, I thought that the work was already done, but then I went and looked at a render again.
That photo is taken from the street though, so that is a "view from the street".

I don't know most buildings by name. But I looked up Accolade and I think it looks great.

For the L tower, my first choice would've been red :p. Neither of the two "test panels" (if they are indeed their choices) look good to me.

Well since it's not trully "L" shaped anymore, (the newDelta hotel is more of an "L" building than this is) perhaps we can call it "Big Blue".

Well since it's not trully "L" shaped anymore, (the newDelta hotel is more of an "L" building than this is) perhaps we can call it "Big Blue".

Once again, I'd like to point out that the boot actually made this the "J" tower and the South facade has and always will be the section that makes it an "L".

:D

Last edited:
J-LO? lol
But I don't think she deserves to have a landmark tower named after her. The "J-L Tower" has a nice ring to it though :p

Last edited:
Drum, thanks for the great pictures on the last page. I will admit that I'm no longer as concerned about these for L Tower assuming that the colours in your photographs are closer to "real life" colours than the previous photos.

Back