News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
And let me just say: if Ford does get re-elected, there are most certainly NOT going to be riots in the streets. If, after everything, after all this shit, Ford hasn't yet been tarred and feathered, then the will simply isn't there. Cliché, but it's "the Canadian way."

Ok so we have a poll on arrest dates. Let's start another poll on what the exact charges will be! :)
My guess: extortion and drugs, for sure. Possible: accessory to murder, and whatever the feds charge organized crime connections.

Interview with him on Russian Prince would be very informative. I found some empties of these near my home, and I wondered about the identity of the drinker.

Do you back onto an Etobicoke park? I find them in my back alley but I doubt Ford's trolling the Junction.

Ford's surprise visit to 3030 not count? Who knows what he did afterwards, regardless of who was minding him while he was in 3030?

My two cents about the envelopes. I think it was weed and blow. Why would Lisi be delivering kickbacks? Also, Lisi went to the cleaners just before one of the observed exchanges. Sometimes booze too I would think.

There's another explanation for the envelopes that occurred to me, and I'm not sure if I've seen it before.

Rob Ford is wealthy, but does not -- to the best of my knowledge -- draw a salary from Deco as well. No doubt, he has a crapload of money, but that being said, the money from the fam business is probably visible to Doug, Randy and the Deco accountants. His salary, and possible bank accounts may be accessible to his wife, family and perhaps he fears the prying eyes of people who would look into the finances.

So, perhaps the envelopes are indeed money, but a liquidated asset, profiteering from smaller scale operations, perhaps a cut of Lisi's business, or a funnelling of some of Lisi's "salary", for the purpose of buying dope with cash that it not easily traceable to by the family, media, or anyone else who would care.

Basically, Lisi was giving him his drug allowance.

The case was given over to the OPP to take away one of the Fords' talking points. The OPP would not have taken it if there was nothing.

As for Lisi and Deco; according to the ITO, there was at least one instance of Lisi very suspiciously bringing a van to the building to pick stuff up (or drop it off). It could have been legit business though.

And g20 riots? Really? What they did in Vancouver after the cup was WAY worse than what happened in Toronto. I would love to see the people of our city, hell our country, actually moved to act against these a-hole politicians, I just don't see it happening. We're too complacent.

Ok so we have a poll on arrest dates. Let's start another poll on what the exact charges will be! :)
My guess: extortion and drugs, for sure. Possible: accessory to murder, and whatever the feds charge organized crime connections.

I think drugs would be hard to prove. If they can show a money trail, maybe. Conspiracy to commit extortion might be the likely one.

Murder I think is reaching, really reaching. Rob Ford may be an unhinged clown, but I think he does have this one quality (that everyone ascribes to him) that he really sees people as PEOPLE, where other politicians don't. Him going all patois with the random Jamaican kids just goes to show you, he tries hard to get "in" with people (some sort of insecurity?). That doesn't seem like the sort of person who would have someone killed. That's sociopathic and cold. I'm way more willing to believe that he had someone beaten in jail, since he seems to have grown up in an environment where violence was the answer in a lot of cases but I don't think MURDER is something he is capable of.

We'll see. I mean, I'm not defending the guy and anything is possible, I just don't see it.

There's another explanation for the envelopes that occurred to me, and I'm not sure if I've seen it before.

Rob Ford is wealthy, but does not -- to the best of my knowledge -- draw a salary from Deco as well.

He can't draw a salary from a business, by law, as Mayor. However, as a councillor he could because it's considered a part time post. And as far as I know, there's nothing illegal the proceeds from the family business going into a trust to be returned when he's no longer in office. But as Mayor he has to have an air of objectivity towards business, and thus no salary. Of course, I have zero doubt that he flouts this rule, too. He certainly doesn't pay full price for magnet printing, I can tell you that.

Last edited:
I'd say Ford will be arrested the day after TPS turns over the file to the OPP. Laval mayor Gilles Vaillancourt was arrested by the QPP, not the local police.

While Ford's charges will be more the common criminal's rather than under provincial anti-corruption laws, the optics are still better and Ford will have no chance to claim TPS bias on appeal.

This post is from a few weeks ago. Ford has to be arrested today or Admiral Beez is out of the pool!

Also: it's "City of Toronto Day" and its 180th birthday. So naturally Ford is spending the day "inspecting" two private apartment buildings. He really couldn't make it any more clear how he feels about Toronto, or how he knows the loathing is mutual.

I'm with you---been discouraged for months. Still watching, but halfheartedly, with a fairly fixed notion that we'll never see Ford face any other downfall than simply not being re-elected (and, FWIW, I do feel pretty confident he won't be). The way this "investigation" has played out from the start has been so weirdly public and fishy-seeming that it almost seems intended to fail or fizzle out. The packages never intercepted, the mega ITO whose only result so far has been the fairly inconsequential bust of Lisi, the announcement of the crack video and Blair's decision to use the word "disappointed"... just the sheer length of time that has passed... At this point I can't help but agree with Daniel Stein in NOW: this really doesn't feel like a tightly conducted investigation leading to a big bust. The OPP's involvement may simply be a minor defensive chess move, nothing more.

Same here: I would love to be proven wrong. But I really don't have my hopes up.

Stein admitted today on twitter that the public statements by the TPS about protecting a future court case were unusual in the context of a dead end case. I'm pretty sure the OPP wouldn't take a go nowhere case from the TPS, given the degree of public backlash that would result from Ford getting a walk after all the time and energy invested in Project Brazen 2. The slow pace is more likely the caution investigators have exercised in getting their ducks in a row against a powerful politician, rather than a sign of failure.

Also: it's "City of Toronto Day" and its 180th birthday. So naturally Ford is spending the day "inspecting" two private apartment buildings. He really couldn't make it any more clear how he feels about Toronto, or how he knows the loathing is mutual.

Ford identifies with old apartment buildings because he has an affinity towards oversized, nasty-smelling relics from the past with crumbling facades.

He can't draw a salary from a business, by law, as Mayor. However, as a councillor he could because it's considered a part time post. And as far as I know, there's nothing illegal the proceeds from the family business going into a trust to be returned when he's no longer in office. But as Mayor he has to have an air of objectivity towards business, and thus no salary. Of course, I have zero doubt that he flouts this rule, too. He certainly doesn't pay full price for magnet printing, I can tell you that.

Well, you have to remember that his Escalade's registered owner is Deco Label and from the forensic audit into his mayorality campaign showed he was still using a company issued AmEx card......so salary no, benefits what do you think
Just for reference re the Escalade...see Toronto Sun July 26, 2012 "Councillors hit brakes on slamming Rob Ford's Caddy" Don Peat

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back