News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure RF has had a somewhat messed up life and that has lead to his issues. But really, my anger is not with Rob Ford per se, but with the system that allows Rob Ford to thrive. Are there really zero consequences for someone just because they have been voted into the mayor's seat? Fundamentally, I want RoFo to be held to the same standards that the rest of us are at our jobs - be accountable for his time, be professional, read the stupid handbook, etc. He is not held to any sort of account and that is where my anger with this whole situation stems from. The way he flippantly admits that he "probably" has driven drunk and acts like it's no big deal feels like a slap in the face to all of us who take our responsibility to be conscientious citizens seriously. And the fact that no one seems to really care about these transgressions is utterly confounding. The fact that, at this point, something as dramatic as an arrest is basically our only hope of any sort of smack-down or consequence coming to Ford, despite all the egregious things he has done, to me just shows that there are some major issues within the system that need to be, but won't be, addressed.

Worth repeating.

Just echoing what others have said about paying more attention to municipal politics these last few years. Other than my own, I could barely identify any other councillors and never watched any meetings. It's been interesting to "get to know them," find out where they stand on issues and figure out who was a Ford ally or foe. I have to say that I thank Rob Ford for actually getting me to pay more attention to things such as transit, taxes, cuts etc...how they affect the city, how council makes its decisions etc. I'm recording the debate tonight since I won't be home and I'm pretty sure it'll be the first time I've ever watched! Looking forward to the reaction.

You might want to connect with savetoronto.ca(https://twitter.com/savetdoto) He(they) are pretty busy on their own lives but might take a kick at it.
Nope - not the Mope, just a mope.

While I'm popping my head above ground for a moment, I bought this domain a couple of weeks ago and recently parked an image I nicked from this forum on it: www.robfordformayor2014.ca
If anyone has the interest and talent to do something more fun with the site, I am open...

M

Anyone specific in mind?

reporterdonpeat 11:41am via Web
Garrison Ball: "Anyone who shows up without a ticket or official invitation as an official guest of the Garrison will not be accommodated"

My reading comprehension is just fine thanks. What you need to understand, is that if the main theme of the Rob Ford saga is that you feel sorry for him...it's time to check yourself.

And if you don't like your posts criticized...don't post them. And if you'd been around here long enough, you'd know I see name-calling as proof of your weak position.

"There's plenty of doctorin' and lawyerin' jobs in Toronto."

I'm going to back-up a moment here to say that I regretted posting that the moment I clicked "submit reply".

But I would like to politely point out to you that "criticism" and "debate" are quite different. You brought down the tone of this forum by being critical of me as a person rather than offering a reasoned argument as to why I should look at the situation differently. If my position is weak, tell me why but don't hurl insults at me. Nobody responds well to that.

I think it's unlikely.

Yeah, me too, but I still jump all over every scrap that gets thrown my way.

Where on earth is Doug Ford, by the way? Wouldn't a real campaign manager be all over his/her candidate in preparation for a highly publicized debate? Is he on vacation?

Anyone specific in mind?

reporterdonpeat 11:41am via Web
Garrison Ball: "Anyone who shows up without a ticket or official invitation as an official guest of the Garrison will not be accommodated"

Oh, probably.

Elizabeth Church ‏@lizchurchto 3m Mayor Rob Ford asked this moring by CP24 if he will be at Garrison Ball on Sat. "Pretty sure I am," was his answer.

I think it's unlikely.
I agree. Arresting Ford on the day of a debate which leads to him missing said debate will play into the hands of people that say the investigation is political. Mope, maybe your source said today is the day, as in, today is the day of the debate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back